Boat rage

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
Lift rage

In East Asian cities, lifts have >I< buttons as well as I<>I buttons. I have never yet got into a lift in Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei or Shanghai without someone pressing the >I< button. European lifts, intended for a slower pace of life, lack this button and one frequently sees an irritated Asian wondering why three second of his life have been thus wasted!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Two_Hapence

Visit site
Re: Charming

> I don't wish to be always appearing to defend the French perspective but that's where I am. <

and the French pay full duty on diesel.......

I wonder if the mobos would be more considerate if they were restricted to displacement speeds. Most guys in Mobos I have met are kind, considerate responsible sailors. Then there are those that have to go everywhere flat out. If diesel cost £1 per litre I bet there would be a reduction in speed and better manners all round.

Regards

Ian

<hr width=100% size=1>

Bergman

Visit site
Re: Or

Or the occasion a colleague of mine called Dave and I were staying in a London hotel.

It was early morning
And we were late
And Dave had a hangover
And he was trying to carry 3 cases with 2 hands
And put on his coat
And the lift stopped at every floor from the 8th down

On floor 2 a large American tourist leapt into the lift, Shouted greetings to everyone on board turned to the two of us and said (loudly) "Hi, you guys working today? Go to it Guys, give em hell" and various other loud and encouraging nonsense.

Dave looked at the creature through blurred and painfull eyes, took a deep breath, thought for a moment and replied with feeling "F*** Off", walked out of the lift, tripped over his coat and fell full length across the foyer.

"Gee" said the Yank "you guys must be in for some day"

<hr width=100% size=1>

Heckler

Visit site
society is going that way

cars, boats all too crowded, we pursue that idyll that isnt there and get naggie when it doesnt happen.
the gentle sail to the incrowded bay in the middle of summer and the row ashore to the perfect pub for a perfect pub lunch and the reality is o course no room to swing crowded pub full of braying chancers all pushing and shoving
and the forecast is so good for the weekend so the A5 will be chocker full of plonkers with their trilby hats on in their volvos doing 32.5 mph and 20 in the built up areas where the heddlus have their speed traps aaargh!!
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
hmmmm

You really shouldn't get your weekends tied up Stu, you get really ratty when you can't get to the boat /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Julian

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.topcatsail.co.uk/Honda_00.html>Honda Formula 4-Stroke racing</A>

Other threads that may be of interest