Boat interior design app/software

Yngmar

Visit site
FreeCAD should do. As the name implies, it's not going to cost much :)

Simple to use CAD doesn't really exist. You can use something like Sketchup, which lets you do some simple modelling to start with, but once you get into the details, even that isn't simple anymore, and some stuff is harder to do than if you'd started with a more powerful software. You'll just have to accept the learning curve and chew your way through it, if the project you need it for is worth it.

Tranona

Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

Odd question to post here as this is mainly a UK forum. However I would guess the answer is no. Cannot imagine who would compile such a library of templates except possibly the original manufacturer if they did use CAD to design the upholstery. In my experience most replacement boat upholstery is custom made to pattern (replacing original) or to individual measurement - in fact I shall be visiting an upholsterer tomorrow to discuss redoing my new boat and this is how he does it. The new will be different from the old and he will make from measurements incorporating the features I want.

Tranona

Visit site
can you please also suggest where I can post the same question?
No. Partly because I don't think what you want exists, and partly because it is difficult to imagine what sort of forum would have boat interior designers/upholsterers as members. I referenced the UK because the boat you used as an example is a US boat unknown here. I would hazard a guess that some of the large volume small boat builders in the US would use CNC machines for cutting upholstery panels, but doubt they would publish their files.

I know canvas workers in the UK who use CAD to design things like dodgers, canopies and covers and sailmakers who have sail design software and cutters, but again would not publish or share their cutting files.