Boat Hoists

tangomoon

Visit site
Has anybody any solid information on these machines. Need to know at what degree of slope/gradient they will not function. Anybody have any information on them - much appreciated - cheers

Csail

N/A
Visit site
The one at Cambrian, Cardiff is quick to launch yachts......something went wrong with me on board and i reckon about 4 seconds from top of slip to being afloat!!!
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Luckily no damage or injuries.

wotayottie

Visit site
thats interesting - NUSC bought their Wise brand new from the manufacturers and I'm sure they knew the gradient .

dont really see why the gradient should matter at this sort of single figure level if the tractor can pull it up the slip. gradient would affect the lifting capacity of a particular model but that could be taken into account easily. any further information on the subject? what would be the issue? 6% seems very slight for a slipway

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
There are different types of Wise hoists eg self-powered slipway hoists, towed hoists etc. Ours is a 35T straddle hoist which lifts a boat vertically from the water, and the issue with that is the rigidity of the frame and suspensionless wheels - with uneven ground and a big load a wheel can lose traction and the thing grinds to a halt. The blocks that suspend the slings must operate within certain angle limits. We use a Knypstra boatmover and tractor for slipway recoveries

wotayottie

Visit site
Yes - had a look at their site now. NUSC one is their "Slipway Recovery/Boat Parker - Towed Unit" whereas yours sounds like the standard hoist. I can understand why the 6 degrees comes about.

So Tangomoon - it all depends on what you buy!