Boat buyers. Interested?

capnsensible

Visit site
Boatshed are running an auction, 16 to 22nd of January. Might be of interest to buyers.....or sellers on here.

Disclaimer. I'm nothing to do with Boatshed. (y)

roblpm

Visit site
Boatshed are running an auction, 16 to 22nd of January. Might be of interest to buyers.....or sellers on here.

Disclaimer. I'm nothing to do with Boatshed. (y)

I'm not really an expert but my Father built and Eventide. Was there really a 36 foot version??? I think my father's was 24 or 26......

Stemar

Visit site
I rather fancy this one

302050_7e2a5c311b697045275420defdc30ad3.jpg

Fortunately, Seattle's a bit far to bring her home

Tranona

Visit site
I'm not really an expert but my Father built and Eventide. Was there really a 36 foot version??? I think my father's was 24 or 26......

You are, of course correct. That heap is basically a 26 with about 2' added to the stern to take the mizzen and a bowsprit out front. i would guess the measurement is from the tip of the bowsprit to the end of the mizzen boom. It has been for sale for some time starting at I think about £6k. Surprised somebody has offered £1k for it as the auction details now suggest.

roblpm

Visit site
You are, of course correct. That heap is basically a 26 with about 2' added to the stern to take the mizzen and a bowsprit out front. i would guess the measurement is from the tip of the bowsprit to the end of the mizzen boom. It has been for sale for some time starting at I think about £6k. Surprised somebody has offered £1k for it as the auction details now suggest.
Aha I see. I thought it was a bit weird!!! And yes I think free might be a better option. I wonder if they put those starting bids on to pretend someone has bid!!

Tranona

Visit site
Aha I see. I thought it was a bit weird!!! And yes I think free might be a better option. I wonder if they put those starting bids on to pretend someone has bid!!
Maybe the £1k is payment from the owner to take it away. Would still be a bad deal unless you have a 1960s cement mixer or dump truck that needs an engine.