Boat Buy

G

I have heard tell that impounded/arrested yachts which have been used for illegal purposes are sold off by governmental organisations in France, Spain, Portugal and the USA. Have tried searching on internet for such organisations without success. Can anyone help please?

G

I have seen such boats put up for auction by the Customs Office in the UK, but I dont think there is any publication that is used to inform people about when and where type details. The details I have seen have been in a regional newspaper in the area of the auction.

billskip

Visit site
look at the thread Greece on pbo r2r ..seems theres a 52 footer in poros says one post...for sale by auction due to smuglin....

G

Hi Sticky,
Mark Turner from Bedford here. Hope the return trip from the Med went o.k. I will have much more time for such ventures this year than last, so please let me know of any up coming opportunities as early as possible.
To answer your question: The site for the USA auctions programme is http://www.treas.gov/auctions/customs/
Then just click on the boats link. They also have some sort of subscribers list which presumably means they email earlier notice of up coming sales, so that you don't have to keep logging on to their site.
Found this out by emailing USCG any questions department. Maybe other countries you enquired about operate similar systems.
Best wishes.
Hope to see you in the coming year.
Mark