boat brokers on the thames

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
still looking for our first boat for the thames and just want to make sure I'm not missing any brokers that I don;t know about.
I keep looking at the following, but if I'm missing anywhere, please let me know.

thames boat sales (bray, penton & kennet)
windsor marine sales
racecourse yacht basin
walton marina
bates wharf

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Lots of yards are likely to have a small number of boats on a For Sale list somewhere, but may not have any form of web presence. Worth mentioning that if you have a particular make/model in mind that asking around can also provide leads by word of mouth.

Places that jump to mind to look at are Nauticalia at Shepperton, Bridge Marine in Walton, Kris at Datchet and Hobbs of Henley, all of whom have a "list in the shop" style. There is also Lindon Lewis (Shepperton Marina) who have a big brokerage and web presence.

What are you looking for, and where?

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
looking for a sports cruiser type boat (sealine 260 / maxum 240 type of thing) probably from mid 90's onwards, petrol (due to budget). Plenty of these up for sale on the coast but want to buy one thats already on thames (with boat safety cert, etc).
Have been and looked at most of the ones already at brokers mentioned

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
I beleive I did see it. From memory it had a nice cockpit area, but we found the cabin a bit cramped compared to other models.
feel free to pm if you have any further pics of it, just incase it wasn't the one i was thinking of

miket

Visit site
As a matter of interest, why do you wish to buy a sports boat for use on the Thames? Both boats you mention are totally unsuited to use on the river unless you also intend using it on the coast for quite long periods.
You might consider something better suited to the river and probably get diesel for the same price as a newer "flash harry".

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
mostly want a sports cruiser because of the social seating layouts in the cockpit, as we found the more traditional river type boats are very cramped in that area. The traditional type boats seem to have more room on the inside, but to be honest it would be wasted with us a we would only stay onboard 1- 2 nights at the most. Also from a personal point of view, we both like the look of the sports cruisers.