Blocking a Seacock

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
I don't use the seacocks that would work the head and have decided its time for proper blocking, while leaving them in should I fit a holding tank.

I'm thinking along the lines of table tennis ball or similar plus a serious gloop of silicone into the skin fitting side, the intention being to block up the hole and then seal round the block but not gum up the works. I have blanking hose tails the other side but want to be belt and braces.

An alternatives or better ideas? Cocks work fine and are not going to be removed.

fireball

Visit site
If you already have a working seacock and blanking hose tails then going the further blocking route would appear to be Belt, braces and well fitting trousers!!

I suppose if you _really_ wanted to stop the water getting into the seacock to start with then the wooden bungs in from the outside and trimmed down to reasonably flush would work - as they get wet then they'll expand. I wouldn't bother with the silicone as this will just add to the mess you have to remove if you decide to recommision the hole.

pappaecho

Visit site
Why dont you get a blanking adaptor from a plumbers merchant, the same diameter as the outlet from the seacock. Seal it with boss white or similar, and turn off the seacock. If you need to reinstate it at any time the reversal will take 5 minutes