Black spots on non slip deck

New sailor

Visit site
I have just washed my boat, a Princess 35, to discover that what I thought was dirt on the non slip upper deck, does not come off. I have googled this and it looks like it is mold. I have been given a lot of advice on how to deal with this. I have been told to use bleach, mold remover, washing powder, water, and baking soda . I am new to all this and am scared to destroy the gel coat. I would appreciate any comments and advice. Many thanks. 20230514_154820.jpg

Bouba

Visit site
I find that a jet washer only partially works on non skid...a scrubbing brush in both directions (up down, side to side) works a treat

Dino

Visit site
As said above Cillit Bang Black Mould remover works brilliantly on this. Works great on moulded grp decks and deck paint

Fishtigua

Visit site
As the others have said, I use a mold remover and a small, stiff brush. I like the HG one from B&Q as it's cost allows you to do a large area without breaking the bank.

oldgit

Visit site
Patio magic is another brand if you want a simple life
(y) best budget cleaner, put on with brush/broom and let dry.............walk away let the rain do the rest no scrubbing or hard work involved or the eyewatering Starship prices cos its got MARINE on the bottle.