Biodegradable

byron

RIP
Visit site
OK Guys & Gals, time to stop picking on Bayliners as it's giving their owners a complex. Time to pick on biodegradable Birchwoods.

©2001

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I agree, Bayliners are ok, there's one next to me in Exmouth and it offers good accommodation and still looks good after about 10 years (does this sound like estate agent talk?!!!)

Too late to go after Birchwoods, our resident jock accountant has sold and will soon be joining the rag and stick brigade, god rest his sole.

G

Dunno about picking on boats just 'cos of their names but out of interest, who'd buy a boat called a Saga?

Worse than owning a Broom isn't it?

byron

RIP
Visit site
I've had Brooms since 1969 and until the modern ones came out had nothing but praise for them. Anyway I now need a boat to give me a younger image which is why I have opted for a Prinnie.

©2001

G

Re: Favourite boat (name)

Easily the most inspired boat name is from Regal, who decided to give the name as the length, then the name of the manufacturer, instead of the other way around.

And thus we were blessed with the "20 Regal".

G

Boats for the old, and the old at heart, aren't they?

markc

Visit site
I agree - we should be pleased that there is a company that makes cheap boats that helps newbies get into boating.

Also we did slag off Birchwood good and proper a couple of months ago!!

Mark

G

Re: Don\'t you lot start me!

Everyone knows that Birchwoods are a solid reliable make and the scurrilous remarks about them are entirely unjustified. I did'nt ever get the internal mouldings starting to detach in my Birchwood as I did with my Fairline.

So there Prickle Prickle!

As for motor sailers, I am backing off the idea as I am not sure I can cope with 7 knots cruising, even if the need for speed has waned I would still like to get there sometime this year.

Nick