bio bizo's back

bizo

Visit site
bio bizo\'s back

hey guys - remeber the annoying student spamming the hell outa you researching bio-diesel few months back? Sorry about that, but, thanks to all of you who helped, really really appreciate it. Just thought I'd direct you to this months YBM and the "Flower Power" article. I wrote that, and its all been possible thanks to your kind contributions. As a student I'm understandably totally buzzing my nuts off about being published - it's pretty unprecedented for my joke of a course here at Bournemouth Poly (sorry, Uni). Anyway, I wanted to say thanks to all you dudes who helped me out. Thanks. Your all totally rad.

Also, I wanted to open discussion on the bio-diesel subject for anyone interested in the whole thing. Responses to the article? Put 'em right here.

happy boating, be cool

Ben

Alastairdent

Visit site
Re: bio bizo\'s back

I haven't seen your article yet. I look forward to reading it.

I've gotta say, there is an awful lot of nonsense talked about veg oil and biodiesel on the web.

Far too many people making blanket statements like "Any old engine will run on veg oil." This is leading to people blowing up their injection pumps etc.

Alastairdent

Visit site
Re: bio bizo\'s back

There isn't a straightforward answer.

Lucas injection pumps seem to have problems - which can be overcome with a twin tank system (start engine on dino diesel, switch to dino 5 min before stopping).

The problem is viscosity - the bio stuff is much more viscous until heated up. So pumps that rely on the diesel to lubricate them will have problems.