Beware BlueSolar charge controllers

ean_p

Visit site
The issue is with faulty goods. That's a manufacturer's issue.
You're clearly suffering from deja vu as well as a little pique over your sense of injustice as we had this conversation two weeks ago. Your case may well be with the manufacturer in France, but here in the UK ( which is where this forum is based as are the bulk of contributors) the issue with faulty goods is with the supplier . Enjoy the day while you're still functioning correctly...?

pyrojames

transat2013.blogspot.co.uk
I have a Victron Inverter/charger, MPPT controller and a Cerbo for monitor everything. The first Cerbo I had went off line after about 3 months, and was replaced by Barden (via Victron) within a week. I have nothing by praise for Barden as a service agent for Victron, or for Victron's response. I suspect the service failure lies with the retailer, not Victron. I've also dealt with MasterVolt on a professional level, and consider them to equally competent.

jwfrary

Visit site
I bought a 25 amp bluepower ip67 charger a few years ago, had it sat in the box for 6 months realised it was dead on arrival, phoned the supplier (cactus) Had a new one in less than 24 hours.

Spent 15k with victron on a couple of refit on various equipment all of which is working perfectly

dansaskip

seabear.uk
I fitted a Victron Blue Solar MPPT controller in 2014 and it has worked perfectly ever since - it is top stuff and as other have said the "goto" supplier for people wanting to go off-grid be it on water or land.

roaringgirl

bit.ly
I have the following from Victron:
2 × 200Ah LiFePO4 batteries
1 × BMS
2 × batteryprotect (fancy relays controlled by BMS)
1 × Cyrix (less fancy relay controlled by BMS)
1 × smartsolar (bluetooth) 100/30 MPPT
1 × smartsolar (bluetooth) 100/50 MPPT
1 × smartshunt
1 × BMV

I have used products from other manufacturers in the past, and I now insist on Victron because of its configurability, reliability and ease of use.

vas

Visit site
my 2eurocent worth re Victron

bought Victron initially because the guy I bought my solar panels and Trojans from wouldn't sell me anything else - explained that he wants to avoid the hassle of visiting the boat again, checking, replacing etc h/w. That means something to me. The same reason he wouldn't sell flex / semi-flex solar panels...

I'm fully victronised for the last couple of years, but the (imho) important issue none has mentioned is their open source approach to their control s/w and comms. So now using a 30euro raspberry pi3B+ and a 60euro touch screen for it, I have a system that runs their latest OS, will control the MPPT and MultiPlus II charging and discharging profiles based on the data input from the (again) opensource BMS for the LifePO4 battery bank.
Result is that it's practically impossible to destroy the batteries, system is fully online and I can configure/edit/watch remotely from my PC or phone what's going on. I'd expect ppl to be more aware of that and taking advantage of these features.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Currently installing a LifePO4 system on a customers boat, Victron batteries, BMS, inverter, battery protect etc. The battery protect is faulty, the first DOA Victron product i've ever had. A simple call to my supplier and a new one is on the way, the customer will be unaffected or inconvenienced.

MattS

Visit site
I have the following from Victron:
2 × 200Ah LiFePO4 batteries
1 × BMS
2 × batteryprotect (fancy relays controlled by BMS)
1 × Cyrix (less fancy relay controlled by BMS)
1 × smartsolar (bluetooth) 100/30 MPPT
1 × smartsolar (bluetooth) 100/50 MPPT
1 × smartshunt
1 × BMV

I have used products from other manufacturers in the past, and I now insist on Victron because of its configurability, reliability and ease of use.

How are your Smartshunt and BMV configured together? I was under impression that you only needed on or the other...!