Best Summer destinations (advice please)

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Re: Lyme Regis

But it is on the way across Lyme Bay. I guess going Torquay-Lyme-Weymouth adds maybe 10miles to the straight across trip. We went there on a very good extended forecast. I certainly would'nt go there if the wind had any South in it

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: flaming anticipated

OK ok don't get your cassocks in a twist!. Carved Angel only for bloody grockles, no one eats in Torbay (except Brixham Yacht Club) but you could be right about Fowey.

Anyway everyone I meet prefers to light up the barbie, chuck on a few freshly caught mackerel and some lovely plump scallops (you shouldn't have upset your instructor Reverend!) along with the steaks and assorted other fare. What could be better, bbq smells, fresh air, plenty of booze and good company. You could also feed a whole army for the price of one meal in the CA.

Only found one good restaurant in Cherbourg, Grand Goussier well out of the main drag right by the blocks of flats to the right going out of the marina. Excellent food and good service. Others restaurants I've tried there all fairly mediocre with usual slow service.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re:Looe: just drive in

Cornish pasties. What else do you eat in Cornwall!!

The mans Thick as custard! Never heard of Sabden Treacle mines or Cornish pasties. Whats the education system comming to. Tony Help!!!

Haydn