Best priced Marinas in Turkey for 12months or longer

PAULM13

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking to spend 6months of the year cruising the med and im looking to see what the best prices are to keep my 34ft Van de Stadt in Turkey.

I have seen a thread on here from Affinite in 2015 whose said that ...
Marina 12 months
Didim € 5,678.00
Oren € 5,678.00
Kas € 4,383.00
Finike € 2,074.00 (240 days)
Kemer € 3,332.00
Karpaz Gate (N.Cyprus) € 1,755.00 *
Agmar (Leros, Greece) € 2,950.00 **

Does anyone have an up to date or know anywhere that they would recommend as a home port for haul out and maintenance etc.
Really appreciate any help..

KLBH

Visit site
Setur marinas won't even give you a fixed price until you are 90 days from the start date of your contract. Inflation is running at over 80% here at the moment.
You say you want to cruise the med so bear in mind if you sail out of Turkey into Greece, you are not allowed to return for 6 months.

rib

Visit site
Setur marinas won't even give you a fixed price until you are 90 days from the start date of your contract. Inflation is running at over 80% here at the moment.
You say you want to cruise the med so bear in mind if you sail out of Turkey into Greece, you are not allowed to return for 6 months.
Are you sure about that. Is it a new thing? . Earlier this year I sailed to Rhodes on a friend's boat booking out of turkey into Rhodes. Out of Rhodes back into Turkey over three days !!

KLBH

Visit site
Are you sure about that. Is it a new thing? . Earlier this year I sailed to Rhodes on a friend's boat booking out of turkey into Rhodes. Out of Rhodes back into Turkey over three days !!
Yes I am sure, it has made us change our plans for next year.
It has been introduced over the last few months, Kas being the latest place to introduce it, the only port that has not introduced it yet is Finike but they are expected to bring the rule in at any moment.

rib

Visit site
Yes I am sure, it has made us change our plans for next year.
It has been introduced over the last few months, Kas being the latest place to introduce it, the only port that has not introduced it yet is Finike but they are expected to bring the rule in at any moment.
I'll let you know. That's where I have been last three years..

KLBH

Visit site
Yes and you have to have an annual contract with a marina to get a years residency, you could have a winter contract but then your residency expires when your contract expires, to keep extending your contract costs you again for extending your residency. Great eh!

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Yes and you have to have an annual contract with a marina to get a years residency, you could have a winter contract but then your residency expires when your contract expires, to keep extending your contract costs you again for extending your residency. Great eh!
So no nipping over to Rodes to re-start the clock anymore.....kin hell.

superboots

Visit site
I think the 6 months out issue only arises if you have a residence permit. If you come to Turkey as I do on a visitor's visa 90 days and 90 days out then provided to stay within the conditions of the visa you come and go between Turkey and Greece as much as you like - justkeep clear of gunboats, drilling platforms and refugee dinghys. Marina with the lowest rates from my experience is Alanya. Karpaz Gate was cheaper but that's in TRNC

dgadee

Visit site

I am in Mitylini. Can you point me to something explaining this?

rib

Visit site
I've spent four years ish in Turkey.. The renewal residence permit done last weel cost cost £120 including health insurance for a 64yr old.. Its free when you reach 65 . I think. My marina costs this year with the new inflation price is half what I was paying in UK in 2017. And I get electricity and water for it.. Never seen any trouble of any kind or had bad officials incidents.. Just your normal non hurry attitude and lots of Miss communication mistakes.. - - ( why don't they all speak perfect English would be a lot easier lol lol) no rubber dinghys no drill ships.. Just warm water sunshine friendly people and cheap living... But I'm moving on next year.. I have learnt there are some people who's attitude just gives them problems where ever they go. It is also possible to befriend a turk and use there address for residency card leaving you free to live on the hook all year... But only if your a nice person lol

dgadee

Visit site
So the problem is with residency? I do 2 months in Spring and 2 months after high season. Was thinking about moving the noat to Turkey next year, but not with residency.

rib

Visit site
So the problem is with residency? I do 2 months in Spring and 2 months after high season. Was thinking about moving the noat to Turkey next year, but not with residency.
Up to early this year Al least.. You can have 3 months the minute you leave Turkey and return even same day clock restarts. ( loads of people do day ferry to the Greek Islands as foot passengers which are only1-3 miles of shore) .boat as far as I understand it can stay up to five years. I will be returning to finike soon and can ask the agent for current rules if you like.

affinite

Visit site
Just returned to Turkey after a few years in Greece. Difficult to get a berth in a Turkish marina at present but we did get in at Finike again. In fact the cost is not too different from 2015 !
43,677 TRY (Approx. £2200) for our 13.1m boat for 12months

Resolution

Visit site
Worth trying the marinas at Gulluk and Port Iasos, both very close to Bodrum Milas airport. Discount for CA members.

dgadee

Visit site
Worth trying the marinas at Gulluk and Port Iasos, both very close to Bodrum Milas airport. Discount for CA members.

Over a decade ago I stood on the Golden Bridge and thought it would be great to take a sailing boat there (despite being tear gassed). So Istanbul is for next spring. Contract in Mytilini is till end of June. Where is a good cruising ground to consider? We want anchorages but I like the Setur marina system (time on sister marinas). And we need a lift out next year - it is very expensive here. I am a CA member.

superboots

Visit site
The sea of Marmara is worth exploring if you are going to Istanbul but its quite undeveloped for recreational sailing. There are some harbours but I have not been there for some time and things change quickly in Turkey. You could try Cannakale but I think it is a municipal marina - not so great in the winter and no travel hoist. Rember the winters up north can be a little wild and wet