Best Cheap Pressure Washer

C08

Visit site
My pressure washer has died and I need to get another. Due to a number of mainly boat related expenses I want to get a cheap one but I am aware that these things are not very relaible and perhaps do not have a particularly long life anyway. So what makes should I avoid and what to look for-just general boat hull and deck cleaning and a bit of patio clean up? Thanks.

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
Halfords HP1400; I bought mine when it was £29.99. Not that price now

If you want to use one that is really cheap/free to use then see if you have a local Facebook group where peeps lend to others :) and a chance to make new friends

Last edited:

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
I would always go for a Karcher. Not the cheapest, but the best by a margin. You can get deals if you shop around.

I've had two Karchers which didn't see the year out, so I don't rate them at all. Had a Kew Hobby before that which lasted over twenty years! Now have a Nilfisk, which was pricey, but it's too early to say how durable it is

C08

Visit site
Halfords HP1400; I bought mine when it was £29.99. Not that price now

If you want to use one that is really cheap/free to use then see if you have a local Facebook group where peeps lend to others :) and a chance to make new friends

Thanks for suggestion but I have an intense dislike of the concepts, usage and addictions to facebook-I did not realise there were those sorts of links, but still not tempted. I will look out for a Karcher or Halfords. Not seen a Kew yet.

Nigelpickin

www.cornishcottageholidays.co.uk
Coincidentally, I was going to ask the forum if anyone had experience with either

http://www.skidrive.co.uk/accessories/product_detail.php?partno=NOMAD18VO&gclid=CKPVmKGp3bwCFSEHwwoda0UACg

Or

http://www.bodyshop-tools-supplies.co.uk/product_view.php?id=21363&gclid=CITFqdao3bwCFeXKtAodiTMA8w

I wand something to whizz around the boat with for wash downs and clearing bird mess but I am not sure that the pressure would be great enough....I really like the idea of being un tethered...

Anyone with a view? And apologies for jumping in on the thread but though it relevant...

Regards

Nigel

sarabande

Visit site
you can sometimes pick up refurbished machines from these people

http://www.pressurewasherssw.co.uk/category/cold-washers/

Good service, and product knowledge.

I bought a GW P/washer from them over 12 years ago, and apart from the capacitors needing to be replaced once, it has worked on and on since then. The advantage of a refurbed one is that for the same money as a new one, you buy a bigger and tougher one.

TheOrs

Visit site
The advantage of a refurbed one is that for the same money as a new one, you buy a bigger and tougher one.

I would second the idea of getting a refurb/secondhand 'upmarket' model over a cheepie new one. I have a Kranzle and it is a totally different animal to the Karchers and Kews you get in D.I.Y. stores.

tinkicker0

Visit site
Pressure washers like lots of other ersatz "trade" equipment comes in two guises........DIY and Industrial. One costs an arm and a leg, the other is cheap as chips.

If you buy industrial grade Karcher, Alko or Kew it will last forever if looked after. Buy any of those names DIY grade and it is not designed for regular abuse and will be lucky to last a couple of years used once a week.

Vara

Visit site
I have been very pleased with my Karcher over two years, so was a bit upset when I visited the local tip and saw six of them in the scrap skip, no other makes were featured!

crazy4557

Visit site
Had 2 Karchers that both saw regular use. First one for 6 years and second one 6 years now and still going strong...maybe I shouldn't say that otherwise it'll pack up this weekend.

mil1194

www.myitmatters.com
I bought one last week as it happens - an Porto Technica Solar 1620. Fabulous bit of kit (so far!) so will see if it lasts the test of time. Out local 'pressure washer repair outfit' have recommended Kranzle in the past and they do know their onions.

rafiki_

Visit site
Am on my second Karcher, first lasted 10 years, current one is 5. Not used every week, but then not really needed that often. I do not use mine on board often. Definitely not teak or canopy cleaning. It is also aggressive for above the waterline, so I use mine to clean the hull and a/f.

oGaryo

Visit site
Last edited: