Best Cell Phone/Data Coverage for Dodecanese and Cyclades

Gypsy

www.tech-x.com.au
During Aug/Sep/Oct I will be cruising in Greece an anticlockwise loop from Rhodos, Astipalia, Santorini, Crete, Kaparthos, Rhodos.

I am interested in any experience to indicate if there is one Cell phone provider which can be said to have the best coverage for that area.

Maybe I will need to buy SIMS for more than one provider, but I would rather not.

truscott

Visit site
We have had very poor coverage from Wind in the Dodecanese this season, but had quite good coverage in the Cyclades and the Northern Dodecanese last year. We will be trying Cosmote as soon as we can find one that has the MiFi device in stock.

Cheers, PT

sailaboutvic

Visit site
This has been covered time and time again , the best all over coverage for greece is cosmote . YES wind is a lot cheaper and you get more GB but and there all way a but , it very patchy in place doesn't work at all in others , only in places like the Ionian do you get a reaonable cover.
Pay you money and take you chance but if you want Internet 95 % of the time for my money it has to be cosmote .

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
My understanding from my Greek friend is as Vic says. I wanted to buy a Cosmote SIM but for reasons I do not understand the technician could not connect it. We finished up with Vodafone which is generally pretty good. Last week on the east coast of Kalymnos we had no signal at all whereas our Cosmote phone had a good one and people using Cosmote for data were all up and running.

Caladh

Visit site
Another big YES for Cosmote - we've had pretty much excellent coverage in most of the Greece area's we have cruised from Corfu to Thasos. the only two places where there was nos ignal was Porto Kayio at the bottom of the Peloponese albeit about 4 years ago + and also the land-locked anchorage at top island of the N Sporades. Slower data speeds e.g GPRS or EDGE are ok to get the weather and email. If you want to stream films,I'd stay at home......!