Best boots for doing bow?

MissFitz

Visit site
My Dubarrys (Ultima) have finally ceased to be waterproof, mainly due to the fact that the toes were ripped out of them doing bow on a boat with very effective non-stick paint. I loved them but can't afford to keep replacing them. Are there any alternatives that would stand the wear and tear better? Or should I get some cheap rubber ones for inshore and keep the Doobs for offsore?

(We're planning to race through the winter and I feel the cold so shoes won't do the trick. And no, Dubarry won't repair them, I asked 18 months ago!)

cherod

Visit site
thin leather ( TIG welding gloves , cost about £5 ) and some super glue should sort that , i have done boots before with that , looks as good as you can make it .

D

Deleted member 36384

I am surprised that boots wore out on a deck with such a low coefficient of friction (-;

Birdseye

Visit site
Find them at less than retail, but Le Chameau are one of the best, especially for winter.

Le Chameau Men's Neptune Neoprene Lined Boot | Le Chameau Official Online Store

bought a pair after my mustos leaked like a sieve on a wet channel race, and swore not to have wet feet again. Does have the problem of holding moisture, like any rubber boots. Seems nobody makes durable, breathable boots.
Bl***dy hell £300 for a pair of wellies! Decent rubber ones on ebay are £10

glynd

Visit site
Bl***dy hell £300 for a pair of wellies! Decent rubber ones on ebay are £10

yep
I paid far, far, far less than that
the neoprene insides mean you don’ t get sores on your feet tramping around deck
soles are covered with lots of kind of suction cups to grip a wet deck
gaiters work well with your foulies

if I was getting pure rubber ones, the Gill boots are also pretty good
Tall Yachting Boots