Beneteau 381 heads pipe size is1 1/4”

Beneteau381

Visit site
Just for the record my Beneteau 381 heads outlet pipe is 1 1/4” . The reason I am putting this on here is to help others who search like I did for the correct size of valve. It is 1 1/4”
Nowhere to be found by Mr Google and I wasted £70 plus quid buying an 1 1/2” valve, transporting it to my boat in Portugal and finding out it was too big!

Poignard

Visit site
Just a thought : 1-1/4" is as near as dammit 32mm.

Beneteaus being made in France, I believe, is it possible that a metric size seacock was used?

In which case, are 32mm seacocks available?

Last edited:

Beneteau381

Visit site

Beneteaus being made in France, I believe, is it possible that a metric size seacock was used?

The seacocks have the imperial size printed on them. All of them. Some are original but imperial.

Poignard

Visit site
Oh, I see.

But wouldn't a 32mm seacock do instead?

I just did an internet search for 32mm seacocks and they do seem to be available.

Plum

Visit site
Just for the record my Beneteau 381 heads outlet pipe is 1 1/4” . The reason I am putting this on here is to help others who search like I did for the correct size of valve. It is 1 1/4”
Nowhere to be found by Mr Google and I wasted £70 plus quid buying an 1 1/2” valve, transporting it to my boat in Portugal and finding out it was too big!
Yes, appears to be common with Beneteaus to use 1 1/4 inch seacocks and skin fittings for the heads outlet. Although the Jabsco heads they fit has a 1 1/2 inch hose on the outlet port, the bore of that port is 1 1/4 inch, so they must assume they only need the same bore for the seacock. Mine is 24 years old and has never blocked so their assumption appears to be sound.

Plum

Visit site

British Standard Pipe (BSP) threads are commonly used in Europe, including France, and most of the world, except the USA who use NPT

Last edited:

Beneteau381

Visit site
British Standard Pipe (BSP) threads are commonly used in Europe, including France, and most of the world, except the USA who use NPT
And of course they will all fit each other with a good sealant, the TPI is the same,just a different thread angle.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Yes, appears to be common with Beneteaus to use 1 1/4 inch seacocks and skin fittings for the heads outlet. Although the Jabsco heads they fit has a 1 1/2 inch hose on the outlet port, the bore of that port is 1 1/4 inch, so they must assume they only need the same bore for the seacock. Mine is 24 years old and has never blocked so their assumption appears to be sound.
That’s why I bought the wrong valve, I looked at the Jabsco heads tech data. That’s why I have put this on here, mr google picks the forum up superbly. I wanted to know the size of the cutless / cutlass, I know! bearing and remembered I had done the same thing years ago, a quick google brought the info up!