BEHIND THE MAST REEFING?

B

bob_tyler

1. Can anyone post a list of who makes it with web sites if possible?

2. Anyone any experience of fitting/using it?

ALL information gratefully received.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Peter_the_Grate

Visit site
There was a PBO article on fitting a system a while back. I think they fitted the Bamar.

We have a Bamar and, though it's easy to use, the sail is a compromise (small area). Ours had some strange horizontal battens fitted; they were made of springy steel and were designed to roll up as the sail was furled. The entry slot on the Bamar is very narrow and the battens jammed almost every time so we cut them off.

It's worth repeating that it is very easy to use.

<hr width=100% size=1>

paulcooper

Visit site
Hello Bob,

I purchased a Facnor (French) and fitted it to my Cox 22 motor sailer just two months ago. It was easy to fit with the mast down but it can also be fitted with mast up but I dont think I would have liked to do that. Have not had much use yet but the system works well and I am pleased with it so far.
I dont know whwere you are based but I keep my boat at HaylinG Island.
If you are in the area would be pleased to show you the system and you can look at the installation instructions. I bought the system from Arun Sails who gave the best price.

Regards Paul Cooper

<hr width=100% size=1>

Talbot

Visit site
I bought an easy reef system and new maxi-roach sail this year. They do work well together, and I had the easy reef people actually do the fitting. I was told by them that I did not need a winch to reef or raise sail, but eventaully fitted the small winch previously used for the slab reefing - it makes adjusting the belly of the sail when trying to trim just that much more controllable, (and also easier for an old fart)

<hr width=100% size=1>