beer prices, close to my heart!

louandkim

Visit site
Just cos I am board.... (apart from the constant list of boat jobs I am working through), I got to thinking about one of the things that matters to me, beer prices!!

inspired by the thread about ... how cold are you.....

here in gozo I pay 1 Euro 20 for a large can in Pulus bar the small rinky dink fishermans bar, and 2 Euros for a pint of Chisk larger in the Gleneagles pub...

what you paying?

it may help me to decide where to go next winter!!:)

chinita

Visit site
€1.50 for a pint of Sagres in several of the marina bars if you are a berth holder here in Lagos. Lots of similar happy hour prices if you want to venture into town.

ccscott49

Visit site
1.7 euro for a half litre bottle of alpha, in Aretes in kontokali/corfu, 2.5 euro in the navigator pub, which is why I dont go there. 54 cents a can of 1/2 litre in Lidl.

Visit site
€1.50 for a pint of Sagres in several of the marina bars if you are a berth holder here in Lagos. Lots of similar happy hour prices if you want to venture into town.

If you want to drink with friends on board you can find 33cl cans for 33cents€ in the supermarkets

tonybannister

Visit site
For 50 cl of EFES or Tuborg here in Cesme, Turkey the tax has just gone up and we are paying 6 Lira everywhere (£2-20). May be lower in Didim or Marmaris.

In UK I joined CAMRA as an oldie for £14 PA and I get £20 wotherspoon vouchers back so good deal there.

Love this thread

atol

Visit site
hungary over xmas,700ml teachers whiskey £6.60 a bottle!
local canned 500ml beer 20-30 p a can
t bone steak £4/kilo
local cheap red wine 60-80p a bottle

capnsensible

Visit site
Gib.. Vodka, £2.90 litre, buy 10 litres £18.

Ceuta, tinnies 19 cents.

Lidl, La Linea, Bottle Tempranillo (Red obviosly) 95 cents.

However, bar prices not so good.

tonybannister

Visit site
So looks like I am paying too much for my beer in Turkey. Supermarket price £1.30, wine £5 or in bar £10 Scotch £25 bottle. However nearest Lydl is in Greece only 7 miles away and costs £7 return on the ferry or of course I have my own transport.

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
That's not fair!

€0.35 a can in Lidl for German beer. €2.50 per 1/2 litre in the marina bar.

OK Duncan, so what's the story? Are you sleeping with Mimi or something? He charges me €3/pint.

Could someone please explain: In Turkey a can from the Supermarket is circa €1.50, whilst in Greece it's €0.50-0.70, but at a bar in Turkey a beer's around €2.00, whilst in Greece it's more like €3. At the end of last winter in Marmaris (Yat Marin) it was cheaper to buy a beer in the bar during Happy Hour (complete with glass and a bowl of peanuts) than to buy a can in the marina supermarket next door.

ytd

Visit site
Beer purchased in a keg by a bar is always cheaper per litre than packaged beer. supermarkets tend to have a standard mark up on beer (15% - 50%) but bars usually have a much higher mark up so the sale price per litre is higher than supermarkets. You must have found a bar with a low mark up.

tonybannister

Visit site
OK Duncan, so what's the story? Are you sleeping with Mimi or something? He charges me €3/pint.

Could someone please explain: In Turkey a can from the Supermarket is circa €1.50, whilst in Greece it's €0.50-0.70, but at a bar in Turkey a beer's around €2.00, whilst in Greece it's more like €3. At the end of last winter in Marmaris (Yat Marin) it was cheaper to buy a beer in the bar during Happy Hour (complete with glass and a bowl of peanuts) than to buy a can in the marina supermarket next door.

Yacht Marine happy hour has always been very cheap (even so we kicked up like hell last time they increased it from 2.50 to 4.00 so they reduced it to 3.50) cruising last summer their happy hour was the cheapest I found. Didim you can get it around 4.00. Is Yacht Marine still 3.50TL after the recent tax increases.
Funny thing about Greek bar prices compared to supermarket - I reckon they load the price for the bowl of nibbles you get.