Bayliner 2556 ,1986

greystones

Visit site
I am looking for any info on this model as i am thinking of buying one .She is fitted with a volvo 260 with a 280 leg.
Any info would help such as things to watch for etc.Thanks

cngarrod

Visit site
Was speaking to the Bayliner reps at teh London Boat Show.. he said he wouldn't go near a pre 1995 model with anyone elses money for sure...

Mainly the hull superstructure was nto solid enough and they had no end of warranty probelms that were very rarely sorted out successfully.

Sorry to be the bearer of not so good news.. but i was looking at similar and changed my mind completely!

ari

Visit site
Thats the flybridge model isn't it? 25ft is a bit small for a flybridge IMHO.

How much is it and what sort of condition?

Ari

oldgit

Visit site
No comment on boat.But check stainless hoses on leg for wear if all knackered you will need to find Appx £480.00 if... your fit them yourself.Leg itself fairly tough old piece of kit.
Ps for info on boat just use search thing top right corner .See what the comments are you will get an honest opinion I have always found.

neale

Visit site
Be wary of the "I wouldn't touch a Bayliner with a bargepole" brigade. They very rarely have forst hand experience of the make. (I guess the sales rep was looking at a new sale). 15000 Euros is around £10k right. What other boat of a similar spec could you get for that money.

I have a Bayliner from the late 80's and considering what I paid for it, I honestly cannot fault it.

G

wasn't one of these featured a few months back in MBY as the 2nd hand feature at the back? Seem to recall the owner quite liked it.