Banned for legitimate complaint

Madhatter

wp.me
I have been banned from the so called classic boat forum for complaining about the fact that even though I had emailed to opt out as instructed on here my details were still transferred to the new site! :mad::mad:
I was right about the total disregard by both lots of management ( IPC and Chelsea) about the privacy of our details, what's next auction off our email addresses,public exposure of PMs,etc
I am really p1ssed off
and
so should you all , considering the breach of contract between IPC and yourselves.
I also note the total lack of comment by Natalie or any other moderator,
JUST IGNORE US WHY DON'T YOU !!!

Visit site
I have been banned from the so called classic boat forum for complaining about the fact that even though I had emailed to opt out as instructed on here my details were still transferred to the new site! :mad::mad:
I was right about the total disregard by both lots of management ( IPC and Chelsea) about the privacy of our details, what's next auction off our email addresses,public exposure of PMs,etc
I am really p1ssed off
and
so should you all , considering the breach of contract between IPC and yourselves.

What is the contract which has been breached?

BrendanS

Visit site
I have just checked this evening, and I also, despite posting to the email address posted, that I wished to opt out, have been able to log into the new forum with my ybw username and password, and have posted on that forum that I had opted out and have still had my username and password transfered. They can bar me if they wish, but having had my wished blatantly disregarded, I'm now busy taking screenshots of the evidence.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
I am really p1ssed off
and

Not sure I get this? You didn't want to be a member of the new forum and they have now banned you - but surely that's what you were wanting anyway? ;)

Richard

BrendanS

Visit site
Warning, not only have they taken over all my user login details, but all of my PM's (Private Messages)! I'm just deleting those now, after having taken screenshots of the fact that they have them

Visit site
I'm not a happy bunny now!
I've just checked and I'm on that forum together with all my PM's.
I've hardly ever been on the YBW classic boat forum and AFAIK nobody told me that my details were going to be passed on!!!!!!!
It looks as if everyones details have been passed on regardless.

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
I am utterly unperturbed

I am slightly bemused at the outrage expressed in this thread. I have to say that it does not bother me one jot.

We leave our great big digital hoofprints all over the web wherever we go. Anyone with an ounce of digital knowledge could follow our every move and dig out all sorts of data about us and our activities - our likes and dislikes. Hafve you not noticed how precise google is at throwing up the answers you are looking for. What about the targetting of the adverts. Its a miracle. When Jill has been looking at skiing holidays or my daughter looking at clothes then the adverts I get offered on youtube and elsewhere reflect their activities.

My email address is all over the web. I do not care who has it. I get almost no junk mail.

I join groups like this using my own name. Yours and my comments have been posted on an open forum. Uncle Tom Cobbly and all can read every word you and I have written here and everywhere else. Why on earth would you delete stuff that has already been stored in computer cache files all over the world.

Our phone companies know where we have been and who we have spoken to, maybe they even know what we have said and what we have texted. The movements of our cars have been logged and stored for future reference. We walk past uncounted cameras every day. Face recognition technology means that yoour every movement could be tracked.

Yet there is outrage being expressed when a forum moves.

I think you eithe rhave to live with your loss of privacy or find somewhere to hide, disconnect from the web, stop dribving a car and buy a hoody

fellow sailors - welcome to 2011.

Last edited:

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
I have said this before.
I think we should all migrate to the Wooden Boat Forum.
OK, it is US based, but so what? If we are all reading and contributing we will get the info and answers we need - because we shall all be there!

BEWARE
I'm banned there until 5:00pm on 5 May 2012 for posting a picture that paled into minor insignificance to what can be, and is allowed to be, posted here.

A word of warning if you do go there.
It is a 'Democrat' stronghold and they (the forumites) will not allow with anything that might be slightly against the Democrats and Obama.
Thy are very swift to take offense.
[This also means that it is VERY easy to wind them up, or set a troll - who moi? :D]
Don't say I didn't warn you. :p

Should you decide to accept and pursue that challenge good luck.
This forumite will disavow any knowledge of your actions.
This message may or may not self destruct in 30 seconds.

Madhatter

wp.me
Dylan I respect you and your work but you are missing the point ,
They ( IPC )insist that we agree to their T&C which is ok but then breach that contract and took away our freedom of choice and if allowed to get away with that what else will they get away with, it's the thin end of the wedge eating away at control of our own destiny etc etc.
Lists of email addresses fetch good money out there on the net and are bought and sold all over for god knows what nefarious uses, and if they fetch good money it must be for a reason and definitely for financial gain .

Lakesailor

Visit site
I am slightly bemused at the outrage expressed in this thread. I have to say that it does not bother me one jot.
I'm with you Dylan. What a storm in a teacup.
I didn't realise what a load of pedants we associate with.

Mind you, if they don't want any tasteful images I won't bother them. :D

Visit site
My problem is that I quite like Obama so I can't follow that one up.

Perhaps we should all start asking for advice on gell coat repairs and mylar sails?

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
I am really p1ssed off
and

Tried to find your post/thread by using search: 'Madhatter'

Invalid User specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Found this

...---...
TeamworkUK2006_1_-1.jpg
[/IMG]

The

on your post now only reads :
Madhatter Posts: n/a

A lot of your posts have been deleted by you or another?

Last edited:

Madhatter

wp.me
I'm with you Dylan. What a storm in a teacup.
I didn't realise what a load of pedants we associate with.

Mind you, if they don't want any tasteful images I won't bother them. :D

Do you mean that in the Shakespearian way or the more modern negative terminology ?
Anyway we have been down this road already and I am not prepared to go there again so when it goes ti ts up don't say you weren't warned.
:D