Avalon vs SailGrib Android Weather routing apps

tudorsailor

zebahdy.blogspot.co.uk
I used SailGrib last summer combined with weather from openskiron. The combination worked well

I see that there is Avalon weather router now. This can also take weather from OpenSkiron WRF. Has anyone used Avalon (which has to be paid for). Is there a reason for me to change?

Thanks

TudorSailor

oldsalt

Visit site
I used SailGrib last summer combined with weather from openskiron. The combination worked well

I see that there is Avalon weather router now. This can also take weather from OpenSkiron WRF. Has anyone used Avalon (which has to be paid for). Is there a reason for me to change?

Thanks

TudorSailor

I also have SailGrib. I tried Avalon, however I got confused about the subscription options and removed it. SailGrib is a one-off payment.

oceanice

Visit site
I considered both but have chosen Avalon Offshore a couple of months ago.. I bought the iOS version but it believe it also works on Android.
It works well with OpenSkiron that I load without any subscription. However I am considering moving to premium to get Skiron automatically without having to download any grib.

On top, they have just launched a VPP calculator on the web that I used to get my customized VPP for my Oceanis 43. Worked well !

Stef

mbroom

Visit site
Have tried both, and settled for SailGrib. Avalon was just to complex to use and I was confused as to their various payment options.