Autohelm Type 300?

Tim Good

Visit site
I have an Autohelm Type 300 Course computer. When putting a volt meter to the computer motor output it reads around 7.5V. Someone suggested it should output 12v when I press +/1 10 on the control pad.

I then read this on the Raymarine forum. The last comment suggests that around 7-8v output is normal. Does anyone know wha it should be because I can't get a straight answer from Raymarine.

http://raymarine.ning.com/forum/topics/type-300-12v-course-computer-autohelm-6000?commentId=6492755%3AComment%3A54253&xg_source=activity

Richard10002

Visit site
I used to test my linear drive with a 12V supply, and I'm fairly sure that's what the course computer delivered.

When my drive began giving up the ghost, ("Drive Stopped" is what I think it said as it stopped steering), in the tideway North of Anglesey, it was because the plastic helical gears inside the drive had worn. Raymarine were obviously aware of this design problem because they supplied metal gears as replacements.

I obviously don't know if this is your problem, but I don't ever recall being concerned about voltages, and I would have had a multimeter on every wire in the system. If any had differed from 12V I am sure I would remember.