Autohelm 1000 diagram

Spyro

Visit site
Anyone have a diagram showing the arrangement of the drive cord inside an old auto helm 1000 mines has snapped and come of the spirral pully also can it be replaced with whipping twine of the same diameter?

thanks Ian

<hr width=100% size=1>

Davy_S

Visit site
I have the owners manual for the autohelm 1000. but it does not show what you are looking for. I am away for 2 weeks this weekend, if no one comes forward with any help PM me when I return and I will take the top off mine and send you a piccy of what you need. Dave.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Spyro

Visit site
Davy_S
I have the instruction manual as well. Thanks for the offer of a picture, the model I have is realy old it has a red compass rose at one end for setting the course and an on/off/calm/rough switch at the other end. I wouldn't advise taking the top off unless it's broken or you have had it off already the on/off/calm/rough switch fell apart when I took mines to bits, I managed to get it back together again but my original problem is the broken drive cord.

<hr width=100% size=1>

philip_stevens

www.celticwebdesign.net
There is an old broken-switch AH 1000 of the same type as yours in Boat Parts, at Penryn, Falmouth, Cornwall. I looked at it last Friday, hoping to have it as a spare. It would do as spare parts for you. Phone Martin on 01326 373032. He has tons of old but still useful gear in his store, and I am sure he would post it to you.

<hr width=100% size=1>regards,
Philip