Arransen 780

Snapdragon 28

Visit site
Hi All,
Has anyone heard of, or had anything to do with one of these 26ft Scandinavian-style motor sailers? They were built by Lytton Boat Builders in the late 70's-early 80's.
There are a couple for sale, and might suit my needs.
The only doubtful aspect from the photos appears to be a pair of very bluff (i.e. not aerofoil-shaped) keels.
Any information would be greatly received!
Thanks in advance.:)

Tobenn

Visit site
I believe I have got one although it was sold to me as a Colvic 26 4 years ago. I've only just discovered the Arransen tonight so I am in shock at present. It's a great boat, roomy for size and sails well although I have not been out in bad conditions so far. Any bad points? I cannot find a good poition for the mainsheet block but don't let that put you off. They are great for 2 people, ok for 3 but getting a bit cramped for an overnight for 4, unless you are on passage of course when 2 will be in the cockpit. Handles well in marinas, has a bit of a strong prop kick but I go with it and turn later. Would I buy another? Oh yes, without hesitation.

Big-Bang1

Visit site
There was one for sale a few years ago near me and I looked at it. Good solid looking boat with a Decent inventory but the one I looked at had an interior that looked to have been lifted from a tarts boudoir with a lot of velour in dark red and silver which rather put me off. On reflection I think perhaps I should have gone for it over the Leisure that I bought instead - but hey, hindsight is 2020.

Tobenn

Visit site
I saw that one, I imagine there was a smell of heavy perfume in the cabin! Mine has been very good over the last few years, I had a Webasto air heating system put in which has been good. She has a 2004 replacement Yanmar which is still like new. She has been slightly modified with an A frame for mast dropping which is easy and a lengthened but truncated keel to reduce her draft which is now about 1 metre.

Mybighonda

Visit site
Hi,
I've started a Facebook group for Arransen owners. Just search for Arransen Yachts.
Regards
Tony

Hi Tony

Did you start the Facebook group you mentioned called Arransen Yachts?
I searched but did not see it.
I have a 780 fin keel.
Volvo Penta MD11C with 110 Saildrive.
Built 1982 I am told.

Regards
Steve