Are you looking to Sell or 'Walk Away' from your Floating Home in Greece??? Please contact me ...

ConorB

Visit site
From having read certain posts on this and other sites, I get a feeling that people are fatigued trying to sell their 'Floating pride and Joys'... Well I am in the market for such a vessel. At 56 years young, I am looking forward to an enjoyable retirement cruising the waters of the Ionian. I made a brave attempt in Summer 2018 and spent 3 glorious weeks with the 2 UK sellers, however, due to substandard documentation by the former keepers, the Local Marine Authorities effectively blocked the sale.... Well I am heading back out to Greece in the near future to look at 2 boats... So if you or anyone you know is selling or even thinking of either selling up or Walking away, please contact me on

conorb500@yahoo.ie or Phone/WhatsApp 00353872580346

What I am looking for is a sturdy well maintained from the 1970's/1980's with twin aft cabins 30 - 40 foot long ( but will consider anything at this stage) in good habitable condition...with decent headroom, I stand 6ft 1 inch tall... The more lived in/loved appearance, the better... I am a serious Cash Customer... not a commercial entity set to fleece anyone... Just an ageing sailor looking for a comfortable Floating Retirement Home... All enquiries will be dealt with courteously and in total confidence. My interests lie in a vintage boat, currently I am working on my Rival 34... but I am currently looking for a vessel with aft cabins... ideally, with a 1.8m headroom, somewhere in the sub £10,000 range, that needs some love and TLC to restore her to her former glory. I am semi retired now, so a project like this in the sun would suit me perfectly.

I look forward to hearing from you with lively anticipation...

Conor

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
From having read certain posts on this and other sites, I get a feeling that people are fatigued trying to sell their 'Floating pride and Joys'... Well I am in the market for such a vessel. At 56 years young, I am looking forward to an enjoyable retirement cruising the waters of the Ionian. I made a brave attempt in Summer 2018 and spent 3 glorious weeks with the 2 UK sellers, however, due to substandard documentation by the former keepers, the Local Marine Authorities effectively blocked the sale.... Well I am heading back out to Greece in the near future to look at 2 boats... So if you or anyone you know is selling or even thinking of either selling up or Walking away, please contact me on

conorb500@yahoo.ie or Phone/WhatsApp 00353872580346

What I am looking for is a sturdy well maintained from the 1970's/1980's with twin aft cabins 30 - 40 foot long ( but will consider anything at this stage) in good habitable condition...with decent headroom, I stand 6ft 1 inch tall... The more lived in/loved appearance, the better... I am a serious Cash Customer... not a commercial entity set to fleece anyone... Just an ageing sailor looking for a comfortable Floating Retirement Home... All enquiries will be dealt with courteously and in total confidence.

I look forward to hearing from you with lively anticipation...

Conor
Hi Conor
Sorry but my home not for sale , well not yet anyway and while my Heath is still going strong.
I think it would be a great help to you and others if you say what your price limits is,
it would say you from getting hundred of unwanted emails , there plenty of boats over 100k as there is under 50K , you maybe lucky and find the odd €1 boat but be sure the €1 boat will cost you as much as one of the more you expensive boats plus plenty of hours of work by the time you finish .
unless what your looking for is a shed to rest your head in .
Good luck

ConorB

Visit site
Hi Conor
Sorry but my home not for sale , well not yet anyway and while my Heath is still going strong.
I think it would be a great help to you and others if you say what your price limits is,
it would say you from getting hundred of unwanted emails , there plenty of boats over 100k as there is under 50K , you maybe lucky and find the odd €1 boat but be sure the €1 boat will cost you as much as one of the more you expensive boats plus plenty of hours of work by the time you finish .
unless what your looking for is a shed to rest your head in .
Good luck

Hi Vic,
Thank you for your contribution, much appreciated. My interests lie in a vintage boat, currently I am working on my Rival 34... but I am currently looking for a vessel with aft cabins... ideally, with a 1.8m headroom, somewhere in the sub £10,000 range, that needs some love and TLC to restore her to her former glory. I am semi retired now, so a project like this in the sun would suit me perfectly.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
As you already been to greece you will know there are plenty of projects boats about ,
I not sure you find what you looking for 10k unless your happy taken on a very big project.
You could easily spend 20k on a boat if you really want to bring it up to good order ,
we spend 35k working on our latest boat and still spending although she now has everything to make us self-sufficient .
There are plenty of boats under10k but unless you want to live in a shed on water , be perpaired to spend spend and spend .
If you thinking of throwing 20 k say In doing up a boat , sails knackered there a big sum spend , if it need new rigging as well already you getting well over ten K , add the money the 10k you could find a good bargain for that without the aggro

Very few people give boats away unless they really worthless , nearly all abandons boats in Greek yards can't get rid off as the owners have disappeared and the yards can't do anything without court orders and that cost time and money plus there be yard fees involved and getting tidal to the boats would be impossible.

One suggestion would be Appollo Duck you could try a ad in there , but be perpaired for load of crap to hit you inbox .
Good luck hope you find your dream boat .

ConorB

Visit site
Vic,
I totally agree with all you are writing there. I enjoy bringing a tired viable vessel back to viability. I am almost complete with my current project, a 1974 Rival 34... still requires some love and TLC. However, with the recent Brexit scenario, I just felt that the time might be opportune to do a deal.with someone who is considering walking away...at least they would be heading home with a few bob in their pockets, closure on recurring fees and charges, and happy in the knowledge that their pride and joy is taken over by a kindred spirit with the funds and skill set to restore her to her former glory....

Again Viv, thanks, your advice is rock solid!

Regards,

Conor

ConorB

Visit site

Davy_S - That is a very fine vessel indeed, and looks to be ready to sail... she is seriously beamy compared to the Rival yachts with which I am more familiar, and looks all the more fun for that... especially in the cockpit... Sadly budget wise, she is too rich for my blood .... that not withstanding, you did reach out and I would like to give it due consideration... Perhaps Sir, you could PM me your contact details and we can explore possibilities.

Kind regards,

Conor

Davy_S

Visit site
Conor, it is not my boat, nor have i any connection, someone mentioned Apollo Duck, i had a quick look and came up with the above. if you look at Apollo Duck, put in Ionian, then your price, you will see a list of boats for sale, the boat i found simply gives you an idea of what is available, the one i posted was over your budget, but sellers do take offers, especially if their mooring fees and insurance is due, always worth a punt IMHO.

ConorB

Visit site
Conor, it is not my boat, nor have i any connection, someone mentioned Apollo Duck, i had a quick look and came up with the above. if you look at Apollo Duck, put in Ionian, then your price, you will see a list of boats for sale, the boat i found simply gives you an idea of what is available, the one i posted was over your budget, but sellers do take offers, especially if their mooring fees and insurance is due, always worth a punt IMHO.

Good man Davy_S... I am well used to the Search function on ApolloDuck, both as a Buyer and a Seller... I haven't had much luck selling on there, despite putting in a lot of effort with detail and a lot of photos... Hence I thought I might just reach out to the Liveaboard community on here... I will consider a pre-loved vessel in any Port really, Spain, Portugal, Croatia, Turkey as well as Greece... I am looking for a 36 - 40 ft liveaboard with aft cabins with approximately 6ft internal headroom...AS I said, all offers will be considered and treated with courtesy and politeness. What do you know out there that might fit my Bill???

ConorB

Visit site
Agreed, but I am a fully grown and perfectly formed 56 years young Irishman, so I require a fair degree of space ;-)

ConorB

Visit site
Gently boys... please focus on my thread requirements... please help me find a Floating Retirement Home near or on The Ionian ... I have not got the feedback that I expected... Again, ALL 35ft plus boats will be considered...

Seastoke

Visit site
Gently boys... please focus on my thread requirements... please help me find a Floating Retirement Home near or on The Ionian ... I have not got the feedback that I expected... Again, ALL 35ft plus boats will be considered...
you are asking for a miracle , and it sounds like 3 more glorious weeks on some ones boat then walk away