Are we not trusted ...

Thistle

Visit site
... to select the style we like for the forum?

I find the new style garish and was happy to revert to the more understated old style but I see that that option has been removed. What does the new style give us that the old one didn't? (And please don't say "ads" because, as far as I'm concerned, ads don't exist in either format.)

pagoda

Visit site

I find the new style garish and was happy to revert to the more understated old style but I see that that option has been removed. What does the new style give us that the old one didn't? (And please don't say "ads" because, as far as I'm concerned, ads don't exist in either format.)

Adblock is helpful for those wanting a peaceful browse....

Stemar

Visit site

Agreed. I don't like the new style either. Yesterday I could change back, now that option has gone. It's a small detail, but one more annoyance leading me along the path to bye bye

David2452

Visit site
I have noticed no difference in the quality of the posts, what else is there to care about? This forum is not about presentation but content so who cares about anything but the text. Apperance can be messed with but that's not the reason we all come here....surely.

Visit site
I have noticed no difference in the quality of the posts, what else is there to care about? This forum is not about presentation but content so who cares about anything but the text. Apperance can be messed with but that's not the reason we all come here....surely.

+1.

If we had to pay for the forum then maybe we could have a winge. But for free this place is great for information with informative posts from the likes of David2452.

I'd still like the Xmas advent calendar back though!

cliff

Visit site
Agreed. I don't like the new style either. Yesterday I could change back, now that option has gone. It's a small detail, but one more annoyance leading me along the path to bye bye
Well I have suffered the new format now for several hours and cannot take any more - the layout and colour scheme has given me a blinding headache - eye strain and dizzy feeling from the garish colours so I for one will not be visiting as much (if at all) if this is going to happen every time - off to bed now and see how I feel in the morning.

nauticalnomad

Visit site
I guess I will be spending more time on the Cruisers & Sailing forum than this one.. Its easier to read. I guess if the readers aren't able to absorb the content then they'll just diminish onto other sites....

Talulah

Visit site
Whilst I find the style clear and easy to read it stands out at work. Those red boxes draw other peoples attention. It's harder to be browsing discretely. Instead of red it should just be a different shade of blue.
Also the image boxes are all the same shape. This is not good for people with sight difficulties. (This site would not pass the inclusivity test.)
Time to add some additional style. It's not a case of one size fits all.

Sailfree

Visit site
This forum is provided by IPC FOC. Changing must have cost them money and I am sure they had a reason.

Some peoples attitude is similar to being given a free new car and complaining about the colour!