Are Seafarer (Depthsounder) still contactable? Stuck in Greece

G

The transducer for our Seafarer D800 Depthsounder was broken off whilst hauling out in Greece (wooden fairing too rotten to protect it!). I looked on the Net for the company to see if we could have a new one sent out but nothing came up. Any clues anyone? Otherwise, if this is just all too ancient, has anyone successfully fitted another make (same dimensions presumably)? Many thanks for any help....

G

This is the best I can offer. The phone No.is out of date the address is off my instruction book which was in my boat when I bought her 5 Years ago.

Seafarer International Ltd. UNIT 2, Pipers Wood Industrial Park, Waterderry Drive, Waterlooville, Hampshire.PO77XU.

Hope it helps

Paul

G

Try this - I am not certain they are still there but worth trying:

Seafarer International (Portsmouth) The Pyramid Centre Airport Service Road Portsmouth Hampshire Tel: 023 9265 1001

G

In PBO Marine Directory [electronics] :- Solent Electronics Marine 91 Haviland Road Bournemouth DORSET BH7 6HJ Tel UK....01202 301316 I think Seafarer themselves have gone, but this guy carries all their spares and seems to know his stuff. Last time I enquired a transducer was about £35.

G

Thalassa,I have a feeling that Raytheon took over their company some years ago adress should be in PBO. Good luck David.

G

I\'ve used Mike\'s suggested contact

and got good service. I wouldn't waste my time trying any other route.

G

Re: I\'ve used this man as well...

and only last month. Excellent service.

Mike Searle is his name.

G

Try a NASA Clipper transducer

I have just replaced a Seafarer sounder with a NASA Clipper (£99 the lot). The trasducer looks identical visually, and reputedly the NASA can run off the Seafarer one - hence presumably vice versa. No guarantees but worth a try. If all else fails, just go the whole hog and fit the NASA unit completely.

G

Seafarer R&D : A company built by ex-seafarer engineers, any problems or information about Seafarer products please look at our website or Tel : +44 1202 667-775.