are radars connected to throttles?

tcm

Visit site
On a long long trip from corsica to menorca, I had a chance to play with the putery bits. The furuno thing has a guard zone feature, whatever it is, and says "set guard zone 1" so i di that, and also guard zone 2, whatever that does, and then left it. No beeping, but about 2miles from destination the boat came lurched to a near-standstill, altho in a controlled and "decelerating" way, rather than in a "something broken" sort of way. At the same time, nd the radar said that something had entered guard zone 1. Or 2, can't remember. Put throttles in neutral, then accelerated noramlly, no problem. So, my question is, are radars connected to the throttles somehow, and how wd they do this if the controls aren't electronic (which they aren't , they're cables) ? If not, wonder what it was?....

ccscott49

Visit site
Never heard of something like that, but it is possible, but not with mechanical throttles, unless it has some kind of solenoid to pull the throttles back, I doubt it, but I would have a word with Leopard if I were you, bit disconcerting if you needed speed and the radar said oh! no you dont!!