Ardrossan - good electrician?

Ian_Edwards

Visit site
Thinking ahead to the winter, I've got bit of spare time until I go sailing at the end of next week.
I'm thinking of getting the AC side of the boat re-wired over the 23/24 winter. The boat was built in 2007, with a basic AC system, since then it has had 2 different inverter chargers fitted, and I'm on my third generator. I've also added a microwave, and a AC/DC refrigerator, and spurs to the forward cabin to power USB chargers.
All these add-on have been done at different times by different people, and behind the paneling it's a bit of a jumble of wire, with very little labeling and no overall schematic.
I'm also thinking of converting the AC supply from 16amps to 32amps, with a view to installing and electric hob and oven. The combination of the generator and the inverter charger, working in "support mode", and the bank of LiFePO4 batteries are capable of supplying 32 amps AC, for short period, enough to cook a meal. 32amp sockets are also appearing on marina pontoons.
So, I'm looking for someone to work with me to design the system, and then take on installing it over the winter.
Can anyone suggest a good electrical engineer, based around Ardrossan, or the more general Clyde area who might be interested in taking this project on.

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
Boat Electrics & Electronics in Irvine, although it's a long time since I've seen their work product.
BEE rewired my old boat about 4 years ago. They did a very neat job for a reasonable price. However, that electrician has now left the company and they also pulled out of the marina I am berthed at. I was happy with their work and price.

IPsailor

Visit site
Thinking ahead to the winter, I've got bit of spare time until I go sailing at the end of next week.
I'm thinking of getting the AC side of the boat re-wired over the 23/24 winter. The boat was built in 2007, with a basic AC system, since then it has had 2 different inverter chargers fitted, and I'm on my third generator. I've also added a microwave, and a AC/DC refrigerator, and spurs to the forward cabin to power USB chargers.
All these add-on have been done at different times by different people, and behind the paneling it's a bit of a jumble of wire, with very little labeling and no overall schematic.
I'm also thinking of converting the AC supply from 16amps to 32amps, with a view to installing and electric hob and oven. The combination of the generator and the inverter charger, working in "support mode", and the bank of LiFePO4 batteries are capable of supplying 32 amps AC, for short period, enough to cook a meal. 32amp sockets are also appearing on marina pontoons.
So, I'm looking for someone to work with me to design the system, and then take on installing it over the winter.
Can anyone suggest a good electrical engineer, based around Ardrossan, or the more general Clyde area who might be interested in taking this project on.
Another vote for Chris, Mobile Yacht Services, always happy to discuss an issue. He’s helped us out with lots of electrical/electronic issues over the years. And a Geordie to boot.