Appropriate boat names

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Dire Straits looks like a Westerly GK 24.
I am sure that she would be transformed if a power washer was let loose on her.
Similarly with her neighbour - she looks like she might be a Vivacity 24 (?) - or perhaps an Atlas - but I am intrigued by what appears to be a solid dodger over the companionway?

The boat to stb doesn't look in much better condition.
I cycled past again today, almost all the other boats in the canal just inside the lock look in much better condition. Heres a few more pics of scruff corner

5C56CB2F-FA92-4B53-A196-4C3CD523CDAF.jpeg66C732A9-0D56-43C9-8085-649728165E69.jpegD5B37168-0718-486A-A4D3-FBC98C1E5C4A.jpeg

Bajansailor

Visit site
Thanks for these extra photos - rather sad that these boats look so scruffy, but hopefully they will be spruced up and sailing again next year.

That is a very neat little raised dog house on the yacht with the blue hull - she looks very much like a Seadrift 20 re the raised topsides, transom hung rudder and shorter length than the GK.
Here is one in fairly good nick that was for sale -
Seadrift 20 For Sale, 6.12m, unknown year

Caraway

Visit site
Rustyboat.jpg

PhillM

Visit site
One of my (female) crew invented a game one day, as we motored up the Hamble. You have to spot boat names that would be better used for a stripper than a boat. Tbh it’s quite an amusing game when you start to read boat names aloud and the crew have to decide If they agree... one point for the majority agreeing and two for unanimous.

e.g. ‘midnight star‘ tends to get 2 points.

anoccasionalyachtsman

Visit site
One of my (female) crew invented a game one day, as we motored up the Hamble. You have to spot boat names that would be better used for a stripper than a boat. Tbh it’s quite an amusing game when you start to read boat names aloud and the crew have to decide If they agree... one point for the majority agreeing and two for unanimous.

e.g. ‘midnight star‘ tends to get 2 points.
That's why I park mine on the inside of the club pontoons.

Bajansailor

Visit site