Anyone know aircon?

stranded

Visit site
One of our old Webasto Bluecool aircon units has a problem with the little pump that auto- empties the stainless condensate tray to a through hull. Original stopped working, yard in Portugal replaced with some nasty little plastic thing that whirs but does not prime, so all the condensate ends up in the bilge. Nuisance rather than a disaster but does anyone know what sort of (decent) pump do I need to look for to do this job.

Star-Lord

Visit site
One of our old Webasto Bluecool aircon units has a problem with the little pump that auto- empties the stainless condensate tray to a through hull. Original stopped working, yard in Portugal replaced with some nasty little plastic thing that whirs but does not prime, so all the condensate ends up in the bilge. Nuisance rather than a disaster but does anyone know what sort of (decent) pump do I need to look for to do this job.
I had a Dometic 16,000 BTU unit in a 35 footer. Best purchase ever!! Didn’t use it for first few years then Covid hit in Sardinia and then Brexit happened in Tunisia. Life saver. The condensation always runs into the bilge. It meant I had to manually pump from cock pit every 48 hours or so (deep bilges). I suppose, depending on your set up, you could run the pipe into the sink but because its gravity this may be a problem.

Slowboat35

Visit site
It’s not difficult, I just want to know what sort of pump I need. Since you know, could you enlighten me please?
I only suggested a ridiculously simple, ridiculously economic, ridiculously easy-fit solution to save you the all the time, effort and application of a tiny bit of thought/common dog to answer the question by yourself. It's entirely up to you whether you choose to employ it or not.
Absolutely no need to be so smartarse rude when people are trying to help, is there?

Last edited:

stranded

Visit site
Thanks Roger - I’m not on the boat for a few days, which is why I have not yet responded to the helpful suggestions for gravity solutions. I suspect the original install included the added complication of a pump because the ac unit is about as far as it can be from either shower sump, and close to the waterline. I’ll take a snap when I’m next down.

It’s a bit of a silly question but I seem to spend so much of my life researching what parts I need for so many little jobs on the boat that occasionally I succumb to the hope that someone might just know!

Slowboat35

Visit site
Thanks - it just struck me that rather than wasting hours trying to track down part numbers form a possibly bespoke installation it wouuld be far easier to use one of those and achieve exactly the same result.

stranded

Visit site
Thanks - it just struck me that rather than wasting hours trying to track down part numbers form a possibly bespoke installation it wouuld be far easier to use one of those and achieve exactly the same result.
I think there might be a comms glitch here - the only post from you in my version of this thread is the one I (rudely) replied to. I have nothing from you that includes a simple solution, which I would be very pleased to hear!

Slowboat35

Visit site
Er - post No 5? - The one you replied to!
It wasn't even me who first suggested it - starfire and rogerthebodger both got there first, I merely posted a link to illustrate how cheap and simple their solution was.