anyone got any smoky old fords

mad_boater

Visit site
I have twin D series fords cica late 70's, marinised by a now defunked company called mercraft. Has any one had any experiance of fitting "Fuel King" inline units to similar engines with any success?

<hr width=100% size=1>

rich

www.portofjersey.je
Dom will be here soon? or HLB>

<hr width=100% size=1>rich :)) <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by rich on 11/03/2003 19:50 (server time).</FONT></P>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
What ever do you want them for. We just stick in a bit of Soltron. PM me for details

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

omega2

Visit site
Do you smoke when warm and under load? if not do not worry, all fords smoke at start up and do not get better if left ticking over, single up on the moorings start up and move out.

<hr width=100% size=1>J HAMER

ccscott49

Visit site
I have two ford mermaids in my boat, they smoke a little at startup, but then it clears, when warm and under load. Soltron is meant to improve combustion and some people swear by it. Once I've treated my fuel with it I'll report back, but lot's of people have used it with excellent results. It's got to be worth a try.

<hr width=100% size=1>

miket

Visit site
MBM did a test on a group of fuel additives, of which Soltron was one.
Make up your own mind from that.
Otherwise it seems to be a bit like polish - everybody has their favourite.

I think Frank Verrill the surveyor installed Fuel Kings in his old Senior 32 with big Fords. I am sure he would give you 1st hand info'. I remember the report at the time (some years ago) and think he was quite impressed.

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
NO! MBM reported a test that was done on fuel additives. You need to get the diference between journalistic licence and fact. The fact is not always published.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

miket

Visit site
In the absence of anything else it's all we've got.

I know you are a Soltron fan, Dom, and may be I would be if I used any of them.

I still think a word with Frank Verrill would be worth while.

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
That is the problem, as an independant test it is all that you have available however, not alll the facts were reported.

In order to finish the test a filtration test should have been completed. ie its no good killing the bug as you still have to remove the dead mass from your tank without it blocking your filters. Soltron paid for their test to be done but that wasnt present inthe report. Not knocking it as they had the get up and go to do it in the first place but it seems that the budget was not there to finish it off properly.

Any how the MBM test is to do with Bugs not fuel efficiency or smoke reduction or improved combustion.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

Col

Visit site
Have to agree with Dom. Soltron has really made a remarkable change to my AD41's. I now don't get clouds of black smoke just as it comes up on the turbo's. Engines now reach max RPM's ( was 600RPM down after being fitted with SS props, but ok on A6's. Now Ok on SS C5's) Hasn't really changed initial start up smoke, but I can live with that.
Given the Bug killing element, I would recommend using it anyway, if only to keep the bugs away. The non smoke is a bonus!

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>