Anyone from here maybe?

SimonD

Visit site
It looks very much like a boat I followed out of Weymouth on the midday bridge lift. If so, he may have gone into Lulworth Cove; I went on to Warbarrow. At first, there was what looked like low cloud over the hills and I thought it would burn off. It didn't. It turned into a pretty thick fog with visibility down to 100-200 yards at times. I suspect that if he didn't have radar, he was following the coast round back to Weymouth. Not an unreasonable strategy, but the fog was thicker near the shore and there are a lot of reefs in that area (and they're not a "soft landing"!) It's at times like that when radar is a godsend. Hope he made it back safely.

ari

Visit site
Newspaper reporters! :D

Images show swimmers just yards away from the stricken vessel as the boat owner attempts to free the boat and release it back into the water.

Yeah, I don't think he really is trying to singlehandedly pull 15 tonnes of completely beached Azimut back into deep water mate.

Solent Sailor

Visit site
I took our RIB over to Ringstead at about 1900 on Saturday and he was gone by then.

Of course, the tide had risen in the intervening time, so he could have still been there....

colhel

Visit site
If was certainly a peculiar fog in Weymouth Bay on Saturday. I didn't venture out but looking East out from the Pavilion there was a thick wall of fog obscuring anywhere beyond Lulworth (ish) but in land was clear and very warm.

Jerbro

Visit site
Moved a boat from Lymington to Dartmouth on Saturday… didn’t see land once we passed Hurst Point until arrival at Dartmouth, except for a few breakers observed at Portland Bill on the inshore passage… I think the fog was unexpected.. inshore forecast said good visibility..