Any Southerly 115 in Portsmouth area?

gunnarsilins

www.eilean.se
Hi!
Me and my wife are thinking of buying a new yacht, slighly smaller and with less draft.
The Southerly 115 mkI-III is high on the list.
But none of these yachts have ever been sold to Sweden, so me and my wife haven´t yet got a chance to see one in real life.
Is there by chance anyone in the Portsmouth area owning a S 115 who is willing to allow me and my wife aboard for a look, so we can make up our minds if the type really is the right boat for us?
We are in Portsmouth during weekend 21-22 of February.
Please drop a mail to gunnar.silins"at"comhem.se

Gunnar Silins
Stockholm

stuartwineberg

Visit site
I agree completely about going to Northshore - very helpful people - if you give enough notice you might get a test sail. They do an unnerving trick of driving the boat up onto the beach in Chichester harbour to demonstrate the lifting keel. In case you aren't familiar with the area, Northshore are based in Chichester harbour about 2 or 3 road junctions further East from portsmouth - very easy to get to as long as you have a map for the last country road section

gunnarsilins

www.eilean.se
Thanks for your replies.
Yes, I will get in touch with Northshore.
But when looking at their website they only seem to have S 115 mk IV´s in Itchenor, a boat far beyond our budget!
Thats why we are looking for a mk I and II, probably we cannot even strech ourselves to a mk III.

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
they only seem to have S 115 mk IV´s in Itchenor, a boat far beyond our budget!

[/ QUOTE ]
In that case just wait for Gordon Brown to announce another fix of the UK economy and then watch sterling fall. Won't be long before you can order a new one from the factory.

Tidewaiter2

Turning Left this season?-Nach Friesians?
Visit site
Gunnar,
We are visiting Family in Stockholm, 17-19 Feb, and have a Southerly 115 Series 2 in Emsworth, near Portsmouth- there are several other Southerlies old & new in the same harbour,you might see over if the owners are around.
Perhaps we could meet in Stockholm to arrange something?
We still owe a fair bit of hospitality to the Swedish sailing fraternity from our Wayfarer cruising days!
i have PM'd you.