Any Messolonghi news?

JanZ

Visit site
Having left Messolonghi marina at the end of last season to overwinter elsewhere due to the ongoing "political" situation at the boatyard, does anybody have any concrete news as to whether anything has been resolved? I did ask them to keep me in the loop, but so far nothing heard.
Would like to return but......

JanZ

macd

Visit site
This, from the marina proprietor, was on Noonsite and later CA website a few days ago:

With this letter, we want to give you an update on the current situation in the Marina.
As you all know, the past winter was quiet dramatically for the Marina, because we could not lift any boat on land, and even for the launching of boats we face difficulties.

After a delay of again 3-4 months, because of wrong information of a public organization, finally on Friday, 10 March, the local Port Authority (not the Port Police), who is responsible for the land and the sea area, took a positive decision for the Marina.

The bad news is, that due to the ongoing complaints of some people, now the Port Police is not only checking the lifting and launching, but also the boats that want to sail into the marina.
This means, that for the moment we cannot accept new agreements and even cannot extend agreements for boats that will sail and want to come back to the marina.

For boats that need (underwater) service, we arranged with the Port Authority from Patras, that boats from Messolonghi Marina can be lifted in their Patras facilities.
Please contact the office if you want to make use of this service.

Although we are very optimistic, we think that it will take at least until the Summer before all license procedures have finished.
We strongly believe that this year will be the start of a new era for the Marina and with this for Messolonghi.

On behalf of the staff I thank you all for your loyalty, patience and understanding.

We will keep you informed on all developments.

Best regards,

Jo Mennen
General Manager

JanZ

Visit site
Thanks Mac. Presumably 'the Port Police is not only checking the lifting and launching, but also the boats that want to sail into the marina' means that there is NO lifting or launching, and that unless you are already in the water the marina is effectively closed even to overnighters? What an awful situation for Jo and his staff to be in.

JanZ

Pasarell

Visit site
Thanks Mac. Presumably 'the Port Police is not only checking the lifting and launching, but also the boats that want to sail into the marina' means that there is NO lifting or launching, and that unless you are already in the water the marina is effectively closed even to overnighters? What an awful situation for Jo and his staff to be in.

JanZ

This was the situation as I heard it in Lefkas 2 weeks ago. Messologhi Marina is effectively closed for the time being

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I think we all know who we can Blame for the on going problem there .
MR Y as done everything he can to brake Jo and the Marina ,
I hope if he every get his way and Jo leave and he return that the Marina is boycot by every cruiser .
What a pain in the ass the guy is .

Irish Rover

Visit site
I called in there today on my drive to Athens. I spoke to a lady in the marina office and she said they didn’t get their license yet and are not accepting boats. She could give no indication when they might open and advised me to e mail in a month or two. The port was completely empty apart from two sailing yachts in one corner. A chap in the restaurant nearby told me there is no one collecting dues from the few visiting yachts but of course there’s no water or lecky.

Irish Rover

Visit site
I called in there today on my drive to Athens. I spoke to a lady in the marina office and she said they didn’t get their license yet and are not accepting boats. She could give no indication when they might open and advised me to e mail in a month or two. The port was completely empty apart from two sailing yachts in one corner. A chap in the restaurant nearby told me there is no one collecting dues from the few visiting yachts but of course there’s no water or lecky.

Hardmy

Visit site
I've been there in 2017 at the beginning of June and again at the beginning of October. In both cases there wasn't any apparent sign of activity at the marina, so I didn't try to moor there and went alongside the town quay. We've been asked to pay for two nights although we stayed only one. But that seems to be more and more the case elsewhere.

The locals, even the harbour master are fed up with the behaviour of the former co-owner of the marina and hope that it will return soon into operation. But "its complicated".

Messolonghi still remains a very pleasant town with good eating out opportunities and it's very well positionned for those transiting to/from Corinth canal.

oGKvcm13noPHRlCC7elU0wNiPzJll7yATp4CZKMsZHMuxlm9eAMoN3cFURgrqbGBIdQxN76oYhKJgYBuy0RHvku2ujtY2TdSeQ_nyw8GXCDKE2uWYe7azp212HKj2lg2ePkWzTGppgCW-CIwVc9jjdt3m4Z18E6VRrBaAQYmxrySL702BhOZ33yN-ERM9xXquIsSK9HTg4ZU9_BbzHwjdsiFjhfloGSAgPRX2TSA0TyRTLVwSr1GUbXOTX9RTHagqg_L71eQq8Ptkd7Jnz6vSVrauAg2GQslNm0A77V6LupkdfDC-XNGVdC7TzlBx-VIfVwbcoAYNnXwO0nuguv328lvvRc_Fvc8Yl_-zy2xftYGq2ZxXwTVJjxsGfNhW6O1-xRxtPmL07fe6W2X1tLFqZnJIxUwcnmVx981D0BfAT8xt6wNUqGVBC1OLjxv_P-vibro_5WxHXoMchWcHjZPLTrwR4o6-OrXVZBI2TB9J59nG8w6BUav4SPnzrRdTmNeteEuImD0c8qhMXdE_FzMwecQ8stbwbAOd6iWkrGmKPnRcMXQZZYKPyYTXHSYu2DyegKnHoaCo2B4GQpHEVApj1QRFvAKveTz=w1259-h944-no

LRjrZuH2crqe3Xypw5DHLWnBG6SYnBUtOrCpFIiJ1_XKtqcVCsOSO0z_xJB9Xf_Y4_EpaOPvQ8YspmwJbcCw9QK9e3tiPgoFpzER5cuGR7N6xI4tw282Q5iE891KOFD95mXGiC-cbHF2yDOtkyh6VxzsUf7XE8Tt0oyY5FYxMdYlC54SeymbWVVp1LcPsBXaz0ElMx_ctvegFapTzw0napCHD7zZANSgKF3rvK9apPnlRxarN9yTp7x-Dd6g3DMifc2D0PX9GIS4rUqBM9jutT3suCQNeKDhpwoRIdOTha_oN17902H9Z_Q_HTko6r_c8hhOkPV6ixK70sOC-lwSqYJlwAUEgS7o_GaXZes9-ajdX2Ucmxno0jbrFtUTBwmy_U7Ee_cUw9gfXDajac2r2Tpr-ylKQ8V4B0GWviiuHdEN91FmqL60EURHSLRC3EA_XMUmFkiJSzkuj8qqGWK-TaxNbOq0gSCJiiziYI8hB3LAR6tLa7wHGvaVr2did4yYOMi6DfFRnNEfjNhbmlZho26rql7U75Z0klcBwo-EJ-9LBmuMVowhMn6B4mdt1BUdVOu_Qf4RgCPlKKXgymFdVaOaegWNzzw_=w1259-h944-no

6ARqbdjAlBivj3dwSXBEAMQjKg1oXQTY2O8SQBP_GhiAmzG9Vhge3lJgHAvjfx_3LDENEnM4EYwXmU48jAfBBwVxWuPLzt5SEFmK0MNPG7K3P07229dWMeXvW-rxQDBu1pEKF6GoSFvpo_oLpiWYCCaHXPdKaauc2N9vqC7nGA3sxx-FONg8CUxPq3xF0AyGdhUxMRehkcxWBClJQom3fTMO9X_2Hqml_MhTzOlnDRhRfH41IGk6kTQtZ3hw24-slVbbMBysiF3fMgoIt_Hunlcb2O2hPNrBvmKuwlRoG7G6gQ3HMGpqwNj_u3AecC2PlsJmxVxYymh90uGdTdLgsUv-9gw5mEZFTxsMrymX1p0NOrbFjtgwk03gZUEe8SIC0zPdymVtlrI5hw8R0rdGXBPMIw2tfGkhEghHJ-fI5sh2vKC7nwX7UJPKEyyOXY-qsvTkllqzLpXPNxRCb60pzs_sRk_yUvqz1N0q6KLYzO-3jAmVNY3HFjM3SeUtP6nWis05XhcT6vMm3jIR_yYXJ6W1zGNr-7kRtI_gPh53ZmGIPSNW5tcKqRAT7ajaG0_rdRPj9wbqgWyFz_F9Hb094S0YZTerFrlW=w1259-h944-no

qyvikNlVU9s_lIsz2gLtTJqe7KBkfw1DI6kwVY5L1xSDG1dvIssGcUjHHpHdMGRE1DVT05GFjuc0poSjTQuFm8XPkcB8-HFXX_XP5cQGkJSMW2XIfmSKbHKXBH390SLHtMFtyiaaYCz4hhB3Cq8zMA2yulfsHg0dIrV2u1cKqE_1nHuR-jCi1DSLWPFCg3BP1MLZstgTH9BPWmJqrD3fUSDaWhqua_YsynZjjuNSMiwfdMT3cjKofbMGSqdLbbNJq5HGeG4NConcINj7AhLM5zZzAHmp9dCIqg-6w6oPDLGkLIe9kSYitsaRtKSsk51tZKkTYvg31hQQJ7BinN-yHXRnrqor9jLvfCCsRCEAXNEYFKJ2UHvFi_8wMTU-id97LNgXnFZnYS1X6bym6O7JfPAomTDAWXLbMZDLhSBaGmNUkNDmhx_anNUefOG7_NygnCIKv2xkmaurAmQi0ci45jOrhwm0D_UQ1TbKiz8Sjh_SQjqEeLgEytagAJouTL0x1vOiQ9k2EnbyVRZTuK6arrpGaSXW1mwFWW85xDvkNoraI7tqvhlstrrV6mWs-7gp6epqU72RQ774uMM8k357oepubXxw9GwP=w1259-h944-no

sailaboutvic

Visit site

A month or two ? Marth having a laugh, is such a shame , if it wasn't for yannis if be a good winter stop , as it was once ,
we had a really bad time last time we was there , yannis was a right pain, you have to feel sorry for Joe ,
I hope they get there lic one day and Joe make a go of the Marina .

Other threads that may be of interest