Any advice/tips on painting decks & cockpit?

scottb34300

Visit site
Hi, I am about to undertake the task of painting the decks and cockpit of my sailing cruiser. I am thinking of using International Brightside (with a non-slip additive where necessary). Does anyone have any suggestions with regard to the paint or how to get good results???

Many thanks,

<hr width=100% size=1>Scott.

tgalea

Visit site
Hi,

I am about to apply Interdeck too in the next coming few days. How is the non slip quality ? Is it real non-slip or what ?

Thanks

Tyrone Galea

<hr width=100% size=1>

sophie4

Visit site
I found the interdeck very good, I wouldn't recommend the Blakes stuff, it forms very fine strings which waft off in the slightest breeze and settle on adjacent brightwork, very annoying!

<hr width=100% size=1>

rickwat

Visit site
I've been happy with Interdeck and got good results with a 4" roller. At that time the white was very dazzling and looked a mismatch with the rest of the gelcoat so I mixed in a bit of cream(paint that is,again Interdeck) with it and got a better match.

<hr width=100% size=1>

paulrossall

Visit site
I have also used Interdeck and cannot praise it enough. Goes on easy, covers well, dries quickly, looks good and is very very non-slip. I did my decks, cockpit floor and cockpit seats. Not worth trying anything else. one of the most satisfying and quick jobs I have ever done.
Only problem was I used the cheap masking tape and left it on too long so 12 months later I am still scraping it off. I used a coat of International undercaot first on the seats as they were new. IHMO. Paul

<hr width=100% size=1>" there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats".