antiosm in doses?

pelissima

Visit site
Hi to all,
Anyone heard of this before?
Like do one third of boat this year, another next year etc?
And by doing, I mean stripping down old unsatisfactory Gelshield, strip all mat layers where 90% of problem, letting dry, then Westing new mat glass and the necessary epoxy layers.
Although it appeals to me, am afraid of TCO-more yard time in three years and more epoxy-, and bonding between doses.
I would not consider the method if it was not suggested by someone who’s job is well respected in the area. Any ideas?
George

<hr width=100% size=1>

William_H

Visit site
Just don't get carried away. You can live with osmosis or you can simply grind away bubles dry as far as possible then epoxy using glass if it is deep. Paint over it quick. I don't think it is good to be a perfectionist unless you prefer working on the boat to sailing it. will (who has never had osmosis in his F/g 24yo boat).

<hr width=100% size=1>

pelissima

Visit site
Thx William for writing. I’m with you regarding being carried away. It is for this that I kind of favor doing the work one third this year, another third next year etc. But I do have my reservations for the method, hence the questions. Particularly interested in bonding areas.
George

<hr width=100% size=1>