antifoul,which one

Seastoke

Visit site
so the guy who is doing it offers international racing ,or international cruising ,the racing is £100 more than the cruising what would you have ,thanks for repIies SS

hullabaloo

Visit site
why don't you get your arse on the floor with 2 tins of seajet and do it yourself, I had clm lee mercer do mine last year, I could see through it,
I gave him 3 tins, he used one and kept the rest.

I will bump your question in a minute on which type.

Last edited:

MapisM

Visit site
so the guy who is doing it offers international racing ,or international cruising ,the racing is £100 more than the cruising what would you have ,thanks for repIies SS
Neither.
If this chap is familiar with International products, Micron 99 is what he could and should have suggested.
Mind, it's supposed to be sold only to professional applicators, so if he wouldn't know about it and/or wouldn't want to use it, it wouldn't be a good sign...

Mr Googler

Visit site
Seajet 033 is going well in the Irish Sea on mine.

Appreciate your water is more Welsh but I’m impressed with it :)

Supposed to be good for 2 seasons.

oldgit

Visit site
The fact that folks are constantly changing brands and types suggests that the water conditions during the boating season appear to affect growth more than the composition of your choosen A/F.
Best tip for keeping growth to minimum, use the boat.

oldgit

Visit site
Have tried them all over the years Red/Blue/Green etc etc, hard soft ,the results varied, some years as clean as whistle others, weed/slime/tiny coral type growth/barnycules, pick your mix.
Best stuff was 20litres of something red,industrial and deadly, liberated from a now defunk barge repair yard.
Some years the bottom of the boat looked like an explosion in paint factory, when running out of A/F.
Following year, difficult to detect any difference what so ever between the brands..

BruceK

Visit site
Roy, I had great success with International Micron Extra 2, less so with Trilux 33 as the pic shows.

x0bbxQN.jpg

Unfortunately Micron Extra 2 is no longer available and has been replaced with Micron 350. That is what I will be going for. It lacks the so called "Biolux technology" of Micron Extra 2 but a call to their tech team says it works better. Whereas they would say that they also admitted their Trilux 33 wasn't brilliant for barnacles as I have also found out. So they seem fairly honest about it.

Seastoke

Visit site
Well I suppose it depends where you are ,also Bruce does it make a difference if fibreglass or alloy ,wished I had never asked now

BruceK

Visit site
Not sure what you mean Roy. Trilux 33 is for aluminium / stern gear. It is an ablative and works well below the cavitation plates but without any biocide is terrible above them. Micron is good for fiberglass. It is self eroding and works very well at sub 25knt speeds. I usually travel at those and slightly above speeds and mine has lasted me two years with still plenty on. Micron 350 will continue to self erode even in the marina. However I have yet to put it on myself, it replaces my Micron Extra 2

Dazzajohm

Visit site
I’ve used Hempel Tiger Extra the last couple of years and found when lifted out after a year in the water there is just a little bit of slime on the bottom which washes off no problem.

mcanderson

Visit site
Micron 350 for me as it is the replacement for the now defunct Micron 77 which was excellent for us in the SofF and lasted the full advertised 2 years with very little growth.

Fishtigua

Visit site
The only white I've found that works, not going that greeny/blue, is Seajet Emperor. Fab stuff and worth the extra £30 more.

Been doing Tiger this morning as the customer likes it but it does turn bluish from the copper.