Antal winches

G

How exactly do you fit these winches to the winch pads? I assume you take off the main body somehow and screw in at the bottom but don't lots of little bits fly out if you take the casing off ? Any advice appreciated I have the smallest self tailing variety.

PuffTheMagicDragon

Visit site
Hi John,
There's not much to fly out anyway! I have the W16ST and probably this is what you have. Unwind the flat spiral keeper ring that holds the large chromed disk with the "ANTAL Italy" markings and then remove this disk. You can now lgently lift the drum off of the central spindle; just try to keep it more or less upright, that's all. Bolting to the winch pad is via M6 Countersunk machine screws to backing washers (as large as you can obtain) on the inside. I used Nylok nuts. If you do a search for "ANTAL" I seem to remember that they have exploded views of these (simple) winches. You might find that the insides of the drum are coated with something sticky. This should be removed and a tiny amount of light marine grease applied instead. I have had them on my Centaur for almost two years now and I have found them to be excellent winches.

Fair Winds!

Wally