Android emulator

cagey

Visit site
In answer to a question yesterday it was suggested to try an android emulator. I’ve never heard of these but a quick google shows loads, has anyone used one and any recommendations. The benefits are obvious but are there any downsides.
Thanks
Keith

elton

www.boatit.co.uk
I've been using one for years, as a test bed in application development. It's standard industry practice. One main advantage in Android and other phone platforms, is that the emulator can be used to test for any screen resolution. I use the emulator in the Google SDK, but I expect more lightweight systems are available.

Last edited:

Hoolie

Visit site
I've installed MeMu as it is up to date and gets good reviews. I haven't tried it with Navionics though as it's not needed on that PC. I have installed Raymarine and Vesper Marine apps and they seem to work just fine.

maby

Visit site
I've used them for testing applications in development too - they are an important tool, but I find that most of them are too slow for serious use. These days, I do any serious testing on an android device coupled to my PC by a USB cable

jimmcgee

Visit site
another one for memu , even got the son,s bt sport working on it when it asked for a mobile phone emi setup .