Anchoring off Osea Island

UncleAlbert

Visit site
What a great video.
In my 40 something years living on the north bank of the Blackwater I never knew the extent of the Islands;' development. I knew a little of its ww1 and ww2 history, and its Charrington inception . This video gives a great understanding and is very good indeed. Thank you for posting.

Unc

UncleAlbert

Visit site
I have been given to understand that the reason the SH buoy off Osea is called The Doctor is that supplies of beer etc were delivered and tied submerged to a buoy in that area at High Water whereupon the 'inmates' at low water took exercise to recover their 'medicine' . Undoubtedly they would have felt better subsequently.

I have no evidence that this is true but it does hold visitors spell bound in and around the Basin, and is quite a good story.

Unc

Plum

Visit site
I have been given to understand that the reason the SH buoy off Osea is called The Doctor is that supplies of beer etc were delivered and tied submerged to a buoy in that area at High Water whereupon the 'inmates' at low water took exercise to recover their 'medicine' . Undoubtedly they would have felt better subsequently.

I have no evidence that this is true but it does hold visitors spell bound in and around the Basin, and is quite a good story.

Unc
Of course it's true!

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

tillergirl

Visit site
I trump you with the latest Admiralty Chart viz 'Latchingon Hole'. I would like to be able to accuse you of using Navionics but even they spelt it right!

We could have a game of 'How do you spell 'Thurstlet Spit'

Other threads that may be of interest