Anchoring? Do we actually do it?

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
I'd pay money to watch Rushie parking his boat in PD using that method :)

How much money? ;)

Last time I left PD, Kwaka had persuaded me to go on the spine pontoon between 2 legs. I had 12" fore & aft for turning. So I untied the warps & springs, stood on the pontoon, pushed the bow & pulled the offside bow spring to get the bow out. Then holding the push pit I twisted her until I had the stern in the middle of the pontoon & the bow in the middle of the channel. Then all I had to do was give her a good shove off & climb aboard over the aft cabin to drop her into gear & pootle out. I could have used 1/2 the R/R Genny rather than the engine, but didn't bother.

As Haydn says, you just have to remember that the boat turns around the keel & apply turning moment by the relevant sail, fore or aft. But the wind only pushes, it doesn't pull. :rolleyes:

But toilet mascerators in the bow are not the only way to manouvre.

Philiz

www.shabiera.co.uk
How much money? ;)

Oh, not much. Maybe a £1 and a brew.

Last time I left PD, Kwaka had persuaded me to go on the spine pontoon between 2 legs. I had 12" fore & aft for turning. So I untied the warps & springs, stood on the pontoon, pushed the bow & pulled the offside bow spring to get the bow out. Then holding the push pit I twisted her until I had the stern in the middle of the pontoon & the bow in the middle of the channel. Then all I had to do was give her a good shove off & climb aboard over the aft cabin to drop her into gear & pootle out. I could have used 1/2 the R/R Genny rather than the engine, but didn't bother.

Ah, but I said coming in, not man-handling it out :p

Why Not

Visit site
Anchoring. Do we actually do it?

Check out www.tropicalboating.com for lots of great
illustrations to do with all manner of boating procedures
and several permutations of anchoring.

Hubby and I always engage in plenty of shouting and
roaring at one another at anchoring time. However I always
ensure that my hair is done and my lipstick perfectly applied,
as you never know when you might make an unexpected
appearance on YouTube. To my certain knowledge,
we feature in many family photograph albums.
On one particularly memorable occasion we offered
to retrieve a dead duck floating in the water for a sportsman
who had been shooting on the foreshore. We were in a 35ft Pedro.
Now that home movie was celebrated on three continents.

All our friends love to see us coming and say that we brighten
up an otherwise dull day. Bringing laughter and happiness
into other peoples lives should not be under-rated.
Just be ready to pose for the camera and smile.
And tell them to pour the DRINK.

Philiz

www.shabiera.co.uk
Not in the least jealous old thing! Absolutely don't need one and sails and springs are far less likely to let you down! ;)

Old thing! Old thing!! There's absolutely no need for that!

Nah, I know yotties don't need 'em, well unless they're long keelers maybe. Just on a bit of a wind-up. Having said that, I wouldn't like to be without one on mine, loads of windage see, doesn't always do as it's told. Fin keel yachts handle much more predictably in my limited experience.

Kilter

Visit site
Both 'yots' I have owned are long keelers and neither had a macerator! Fitting one to kilter would be pretty nigh impossible I should think. Reversing long keelers is the real skill, parking is relatively easy.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Old thing! Old thing!! There's absolutely no need for that!

Nah, I know yotties don't need 'em, well unless they're long keelers maybe. Just on a bit of a wind-up. Having said that, I wouldn't like to be without one on mine, loads of windage see, doesn't always do as it's told. Fin keel yachts handle much more predictably in my limited experience.

Oh yer just wingeing and want Mf to feel sorry for you and give you a push.:)

Philiz

www.shabiera.co.uk
Both 'yots' I have owned are long keelers and neither had a macerator! Fitting one to kilter would be pretty nigh impossible I should think. Reversing long keelers is the real skill, parking is relatively easy.

I've no experience of 'em, just been told they can be difficult at close quarters. Out of interest, there's a 42' wooden long keeler on the hard at PD waiting to have an external bowthruster and sternthruster fitted. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Kilter

Visit site
I've no experience of 'em, just been told they can be difficult at close quarters. Out of interest, there's a 42' wooden long keeler on the hard at PD waiting to have an external bowthruster and sternthruster fitted. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

After we've swiped your fun box we'll sail you out to sea to give you some experience. Of course you will then have to walk the plank but I'm sure you'll think it was worth it! :D

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Kids & G-kids love it when I put the gang plank out. There's always a queue to jump off it. Must look out a piccy.

2 generations of Pirates going off the gang plank at Llandwyn Is

14082010339.jpg