Amel 50 - I want one...

Boom23

Visit site
Thank you Monique.
The 50 comes with 600 Ah @ 24V batteries. I'll try to add more that 400 Ah solar. Monohulls don't have much room for solar and I don't want to make the boat ugly. We'll see.

I had 700 Ah @ 12V lithium batteries on my 450 and about 800 watts solar. Pretty good setup. I could go for several days without starting the generator.

Monique

Visit site
Just a bit of added facts... I have 440Ah @ 24V. Total 450W solar. Totally independent at anchor with freezer and reefer going at it.

GL.

Boom23

Visit site
Just a bit of added facts... I have 440Ah @ 24V. Total 450W solar. Totally independent at anchor with freezer and reefer going at it.

GL.

I don't have the consumption specs on the 50 fridge and freezer but the more solar the better. I prefer the peace and quiet of no engines running Thanks for the info.

Boom23

Visit site
European Yacht of the Year 2018

Luxury Cruiser Category Winner - Amel 50

Jury Comments:

Axel Nissen-Lie, SEILmagasinet, Norway
When safety is the main priority and comfort and luxury are second, this is the ideal blue water. I gave Amel the full score on the design. The yard has been able to maintain all the well-known qualities, but now in a modern and reasonable package. Amel 50 will be a model capable of reaching many more buyers than the previous ones. On the negative side: a little noise and vibration from the engine, but they say it's a problem solved. Can I have it with a vertical batten mainsail, please?

Roland Duller, YachtRevue, Austria
The Amel 50 offers a complete package: good build quality, good and safe on-board navigation and life, everything works and is well thought out. High quality and trendy indoor decks, in addition to special external lines.

Pasi Nuutinen, Vene, Finland
Safety is the greatest luxury on long journeys - and that is what Amel 50 offers. From robust construction to thoughtful details, such as the possibility of transforming the stern and bow cabins into watertight compartments, safety it's the keyword of the yacht. With regard to luxury, the cockpit protection is surprising, as is its ease of ergonomics in handling the sails. Inside the spaciousness of the interior that spreads in all directions gives a spirit of living in a villa rather than on a boat.

Joakim Hermansson, Båtnytt, Sweden
When the famous French shipyard launched its new 50 feet, it was the first sloop among the ketch of the range. As always with a very safe and protected cockpit, protected from the well-designed roof above the driver's seat. From here you are able to electrically control most of the navigation equipment, but with manual backup systems. The redesigned hull and the extended waterline add to the navigation experience.

Pancho Pi-Suñer Oses, Nautica y Yates, Spain
With the Amel 50, 15.51 meters long, armed with a sloop, the La Rochelle shipyard offers a new concept very different from the one we were used to, bringing essential changes and new ideas to its renowned line of blue water, traditionally armed with ketch. A true blue water, safe, modern, extremely comfortable and where no luxury is spared and at the same time the Amel 50 opens up the range of potential owners allowing multiple navigation programs, from coastal cruising to long ocean crossings in full comfort.

Toby Hodges, Yachting World, Great Britain
That this is a new model so popular perhaps not surprising. It is both a yacht of accessible dimensions to manage for a couple, and an extremely comfortable and quality boat for the price. It is a design with a modern look that surprises surprisingly well, but boasts ample deck space, volume and natural light. It is a yacht to dream of living on board, capable of making you decide faster for a sabbatical year or withdrawal from work.

Troels Lykke, BadNyt, Denmark
Amel 50 has a unique approach to various areas of design. The style is very different, but also practical for an offshore cruise boat. You can drive the boat without getting wet, a big advantage on the high seas. And there are many other security features.

Bert Bosman, Waterkampioen, Oland a
From afar, the superb construction and finish quality radiate from the Amel 50. In the central cockpit the crew is well protected from the sun and the weather by a deckhouse with a stretched roof, an excellent area for (long) cruises. The sailing behavior of this 20-ton boat is sophisticated and predictable. The well-worked interiors with natural colors are bathed in daylight that passes through the windows of the hull. World class for world cruises.

Jochen Rieker, YACHT, Germany
Amel has been nominated with all the models of their latest line of luxury cruisers. And every time the yard has pushed the game even more. With the new 50 - even if it was not a ketch-make-up like its brothers - Amel has kept its yacht DNA for long easy and safe journeys, but has added versatility, performance and style. Which in effect make a boat simply unrivaled on the market.

Loïc Madeline, Voiles & Voiliers, France
The old La Rochelle shipyard is still on its way but with a rather innovative 50-foot yacht. If you are looking for a particular blue water with maximum comfort and protection is the right choice. Rigid bimini, swivel chair for the helmsman, electric assistance: this is a boat that will take care of its crew.

Lori Schüpbach, Marina.ch, Switzerland
With the new Amel 50, the French shipyard has been carrying a sloop for the first time in years. Engineering is perfect down to the last detail and you can almost feel the safety on board. The shape of the hull is updated with a wide stern and two twin rudders.

Sybarite

Visit site
The Swedish journalist stated that this was the first sloop in Amel's range.

In fact the Santorin was also offered with a sloop option.