I have a plan to make a turnbuckle adjuster, using M8 Kart Track-Rod Ends and a length of Hex Bar tapped LH/RH ...
I've made my first attempt at this alternator adjuster. It works well, but there is a problem, see later.
This is the same adjuster at the two extremes (I plan to use half-nuts both ends):
This is it mocked-up onto a shell of a Balmar alternator, like the new one I've ordered:
As you can see, I've had to put a lot of spacers in the adjuster pivot, this has always been the case.
It would be ideal if I could mount it the other side of the flange on the alternator, but part of the casing gets in the way: