Alternate none IPC Forum venue

hlb

RIP
Visit site
I got to thinking that the range of venues offered for the forum get together,
was some what limited.

One by location and two by type of cuisine, three by price and four by accessibility.

After all many on this forum live as for away as Scotland, or America and even Australia For some its just a little, little bit inconvenient living in Lancashire.

Now for the long or short people that already reside in Londinium it’s very accessible.
Well your already there arnt you!!

And then some of us can only afford a Norman or dare I say it Binliner.
And others between and all the way up to Mr Onassis.

Now it just so happens that I have the perfect venue just come available and with a little help from the crew will make the perfect central location.
Its also close to the local boating scene. Which could make a welcome change from the. Seen it all before, London boat show.
Now where is this gem of a location I here you ask in pent up emotion!

Well mi tenants just gone bust on me in a café in Accrington!!
Its called “HOT STUFF” and I thought if Matt JFM and Colin were to bring there piny’s and do the bacon butties , egg and chips and beans on toast.
It would much more resemble, being on the boat.
Dress code also could be revised to include clogs, cloth caps or even boaty stuff!
Pauline could wear a little French maid outfit and serve the beer.
And all this for eerrerr, three quid a head (beer extra) but not much.

Oh nearly forgot.

The canal’s down the ally at the back.

Haydn

oldgit

Visit site
Re: hehe Rose error (nm)

More V.important will matts leotard fit in the stinky ole canal or will he suck it dry when the engines start!

G

Ooh Matt in a leotard, this I gotta see NM

As Barry says, nothing here, move along please

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Now yer talking Byron. Yep black puddings, tripe and spotted
dick and custard for pudding.
Also theres the local famous treacle from the mines at Sabden, just down the road. My mate works there, he's on the crane that lets the men down. They all have to be bauld to work there cos he lets them down on a sucker.

No you bloody well cant have yorksher puds or sing Ilkley Moor with or without hat, thats in Yorkshire.

Haydn

G

Re: Corporate rescue +checking paperwork.....

We'll be round straightaway. I'll supply humungous computer system, jfm can do some graphs and risk asessment all photocopied a lot of times, while Colin can help everyone in Accrington get a job somewhere nicer and wash up. Or maybe we've already been round?

Incidentally. there isn't a proper chain of greasy spoons in the UK, whereas Denny's in the US seems ok. An idea for who was it needed a business idea, tho praps this not failsafe? Or praps didnae have a proper business plan eh? Or lousy computer system? And lots of ex-greaseburning types from Accrington now available for work available cheap via Colins careful staff selection interviewing process where they have to discuss last nites match at Bolton, make six bacon sanwiches, break up a fight and fill in a form with the pen chained to the table?

While you're consiodering v generous offer, I'd better nip off and check exact spelling on some docs arghh....

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re:ltinernate Accrington venue menue

New menue maybe,and subject to possible change
Tripe and onion stew for starters
Bury black puddings with custard.(Main course)
Pigs trotters, as extras.
(thats pig feet all boiled up. ( for the foriners)
And Sabden Treacle mine special.
Raw Sabden treacle mine special treacle ore supper!!

Now southerners may not be aware of the raraty of treacle.
but even thow usualy thick will bwaware of Tate & Lyle current owners of the wrld famous. Sabden Treacle mines.
Treacle toffee is the un- modifided form of treacle ore, all found at Sabden which is the Home of ( Treacle in un modifide form ) or Syrup in southernus form. ( As in Syrup butties.
Computer now gne slightly hay wire and all keys produceing reverse action .
Testing testing, 123

Haydn

G

Re:eek:oh pigs trotters

Dare we admit that these are about 30 quid from Pierre Koffmann at Tante Claire? Rated the most fabuolous single plate of food in the world by some. Me too.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re:eek:oh pigs trotters

But here obsolete by thirty years or so, so very cheap. but must sort out computer thats now taken a mind of its own and going backwords whilst I amdoing total oposite to get folwardish hope fully.

Haydn

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Corporate rescue +checking paperwork.....

Up Date.
Now done a deal for block booking at Sabden Treacle Mine Musium and a charabang to take us, (Oh sorry need trancelater for foriners) ( COACH)
Treacle butties provided en-route.
Then as a special treat, on to Preston Marina. Access half an hour, once a month. So dont bring the boat.
Also on the look out for jellied eals for the southerners, but I've looked through all Heinz 57 varieties and not there.

By the way. How did that Cromwell chappy get on down there.
We havent heared much of him since, apart from a few rummers a while back when we sent a bloke called Guy Fawkes down to help out. Said he had a brilliant plan for parliarment, sounded very impresive!

Haydn

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
War food

Reminds me of a meal I had a couple of years ago at our local Michelin 2* (yes they do exist outside of London). Pig's trotters stuffed with snails. Not recommentded on top of half a dozen pint's of lager. Nearly vomitted on the spot!

G

Some good ideas there H, but having searched through GPS and Reeds can't see Accrington there. Closest I can get is last Sunday's Sport, that said Acrrington Stanley Nil. Is it anywhere near?

Re Hot Stuff, sounds like a 70's band. you sure young Nick R's not your runaway tenant, 'cos he's been ever so quiet lately, p'raps he's been making himslef a packed lunch for when he does a moonlight. Personally I've given up catering as a hobby after emptying teapot over jfm's white carpet and since you're a boaty type too I assume your greasy spoon carpet's white too. Or is that just the fat on the floor. Talking of which how's 't wife.