Alicante region marinas

ColleyV8

Visit site
Following on from my post about migrating to spain with my boat, I am going over in March to look at properties and started looking at Marinas

Any recommendations for affordable marina berth, either rent or buy for 41ft monohull yacht?

Most websites seem to be intermediaries selling berths not the actual marina

Anywhere around an hour from Alicante should be fine

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
I’d suggest you look seriously at Alicante, some friends have their boat there and it’s a great option. Reasonably priced too, especially by Med standards. In a convenient location, very near the beach and the city, plenty of bars and restaurants, a Melia hotel adjacent, and only a few minutes by cab from the airport.

Marina Alicante – Marina Deportiva del Puerto de Alicante

Last edited:

Seven Spades

Visit site
It depoends on what you are looking for. There is a big British community at San Carles and to be fair it is a nice place with all the facilities and it is MDL. We didn't like Cartagena at all it was very expensive. Valencia is a massive marina and intertestingly the basin nearest the entrance is usually the most protected but also a long walk to the massive town. I have not been to Alicante so I can't make a comparison but I San Carl;es would be on my list.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
It depoends on what you are looking for. There is a big British community at San Carles and to be fair it is a nice place with all the facilities and it is MDL. We didn't like Cartagena at all it was very expensive. Valencia is a massive marina and intertestingly the basin nearest the entrance is usually the most protected but also a long walk to the massive town. I have not been to Alicante so I can't make a comparison but I San Carl;es would be on my list.
San Carles is hundreds of miles from Alicante. 4 hour drive.

wallacebob

Visit site
Slightly South; 3/4 hour is Torrevieja, friend enjoyed his berth there. There are two marinas. Then Marina de las Salinas at San Pedro (on Med, not MarMenor). Less facilities, but peaceful.

WindyWindyWindy

Visit site
Alicante is expensive, parking is generally difficult but berth holders might be ok.

Santa pola just south is nearer Elche, there's a club náutico where moorings are normally cheaper and a Puerto deportivo with really good facs and nice staff.

South again is Guardamar which is smallish not much around the marina. The entrance is the river from Murcia city so prone to silting.

Next south is Torrevieja which is probably cheapest, there are several marinas within the breakwater there and it's right in town, but, that town is Torrevieja.

North of Alicante you've got San Juan which is a club náutico, nice enough, but mostly for smaller or shallower draught boats.

North again is CN El Campello, which I have a soft spot for as it has provided shelter from the storm more than once. It's a CN again so membership may be required (which can be substantial in Spain) the folks are nice and the town is touristy, also on the Alicante metro which is useful.

Finally you've got CN Villajoyosa, the town is touristy again but more Spanish and the old town is pretty, also on the tram line. The facs are more sports club orientated but clean. They're nice there as well if a little brusque on the radio to anglophones. The main issue seems to be a substantial ongoing program of works that leaves it closed to visitors in the off season, but I don't know if it affects the residents.

All this is opinion of course... YMMV.

There is a view amongst Brits that the Spanish all speak English. They don't and a little Spanish can work wonders.

PlanB

Visit site
I don't know whether the situation is the same in the Alicante area, but buying a berth in Andalucia needs very careful research as they are generally leased with a reversion to the regional governemnt, sometime very short lease.

shortjohnsilver

Visit site
Club Nautico manage Los Nietos Marina on the Mar Menor an hour and half from Alicante airport and half hour from San Javier airport. Yes, they do appreciate any attempt at Spanish being used, but would smile broadly and then put you out of your misery and speak English!

capnsensible

Visit site
Thanks, very helpful, learning more spanish and got a bit from last trips.

I am also now looking costa del sol as well costa blanca so thanks for all the info
I'm finding that duolingo is a great help in getting me talking and understanding Spanish. Not the total answer but certainly worth it for me.

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
Thanks, very helpful, learning more spanish and got a bit from last trips.

I am also now looking costa del sol as well costa blanca so thanks for all the info
Took a short trip yesterday to somewhere where we met a Belgian couple sailing a home built steel yacht nearly 40 years ago. I helped with advice on welding a steel mast, damaged after hitting a rock by whiplash.

It was a small Puerto between Marbella and Fuengirola, called Puerto Cabopino.

Plenty of spaces. That might be, of course, because of the expense!

Look them up. Looked OK to me.

capnsensible

Visit site
Took a short trip yesterday to somewhere where we met a Belgian couple sailing a home built steel yacht nearly 40 years ago. I helped with advice on welding a steel mast, damaged after hitting a rock by whiplash.

It was a small Puerto between Marbella and Fuengirola, called Puerto Cabopino.

Plenty of spaces. That might be, of course, because of the expense!

Look them up. Looked OK to me.
Cabopino is a lovely little place but very shallow in entrance. I wouldn't go in on a yacht. Or anything in an onshore breeze unless it's a paddle board!

Naturist beach nearby.....