Alicante marine engineer recommendations sought please

alexincornwall

Visit site
Hi all,

I have also posted this on the PBO forum as I’m unsure which is more suitable. Perhaps a bit of a long shot either way…

We have recently sailed our Bowman 40 from Falmouth - Alicante where we intend to leave her for the next 6 months, visiting regularly for some winter sailing/sunshine. I wonder if anyone knows the city well and could recommend a reliable and trustworthy marine engineer to perform a fuel polishing service whilst we are at home in the UK? We had an issue with a clogged primary filter during our journey south which I suspect to be a minor case of diesel bug. I’d like to get it sorted before it gets any worse.

Our boat is based at the Real Club de Regatas and the staff don’t tend to speak much English. My Spanish isn’t great so conversations are basic to say the least!

Thanks in advance.

dod

Visit site
Hi all,

I have also posted this on the PBO forum as I’m unsure which is more suitable. Perhaps a bit of a long shot either way…

We have recently sailed our Bowman 40 from Falmouth - Alicante where we intend to leave her for the next 6 months, visiting regularly for some winter sailing/sunshine. I wonder if anyone knows the city well and could recommend a reliable and trustworthy marine engineer to perform a fuel polishing service whilst we are at home in the UK? We had an issue with a clogged primary filter during our journey south which I suspect to be a minor case of diesel bug. I’d like to get it sorted before it gets any worse.

Our boat is based at the Real Club de Regatas and the staff don’t tend to speak much English. My Spanish isn’t great so conversations are basic to say the least!

Thanks in advance.
Name of boat please

alexincornwall

Visit site
If you google "english marine mechanic alicante" there are quite a few hits - in English.
There are indeed plenty of hits, but very few responses to enquiries. I was told by a guy in the marina that many of the engineers have little interest in "small" yachts, instead targeting the super yacht market. Conversations seem to stop abruptly at the mention of 12 metres!