After Sales

G

I am doing some research for an article regarding after sales service for new foreign boats ie Bavaria, Beneteau, Jeanneau etc. Good or bad I would like to hear from you.
Thanks

Spacewaist

blog.mailasail.com
After sales service is an oxymoron...

... at least as far as Hallberg Rassey are concerned. A few years out of date but happy to moan. Send PM with specific questions.

It rarely rains for longer than four hours........

G

My Jeanneau is 2nd hand. I've never managed to get Jeanneau to respond to any communication whatsoever.

Their dealer in Lymington (Sea Ventures) is good though.

Geoff W

Joe_Cole

Visit site
I've got a Feeling which is a good few years old. On the 2 occasions I've asked for information they have genuinely tried to help.

I was impressed.

Joe Cole

rhinorhino

Visit site
Re: After sales service is an oxymoron...

Don't know about a few years ago but ...
Current (last four years) HR after-sales service is excellent, I can not praise it enough. Transworld bend over backward to help, parts are supplied very quickly and correctly, good sound advice on coding was provided, they really make you feel wanted.
Only Oyster come near and at what price.
I suspect it is a case of no free lunch, if you pay rock bottom prices to a high volume producer, simple economices dictate there will not be much in the pot for after-sales service.

Spacewaist

blog.mailasail.com

Whatever you may think of them, (and not every owner shares your view), Transworld are powerless if Christoff is unwilling to help. Leopards do not change their spots.

It rarely rains for longer than four hours........

robp

Visit site

<if you pay rock bottom prices to a high volume producer, simple economices dictate there will not be much in the pot for after-sales service.>

Completely disagree, that doesn't make any sense at all. I've had one or two fundamental differences with Beneteau but Ancasta have always done whatever is necessary to fulfil their obligations.

I also run a company that is in the "popular" sector of our market and as such we have one of the best after sales systems, (confirmed by our dealers and end users), in our industry.

Why do you assume that volume builders have not built in proper after sales care? They make decent profits. History has shown that it is often they who HAVE got it right.

kdf

Visit site
You have to distinguish between service from the manufacturer and service from the dealer you purchase from. in most instances people work with their dealer and obviously the quality varies greatly from dealer to dealer and indeed country to country.