After Market Teak Deck?

wakeup

Visit site
Anyone know if it is possible to get a teak floor laid after market/manufacture.

There is a boat I am considering buying but it would look great with a teak deck.

Can this be done? Can it be done at a reasonable price and can anyone recommend someone who can do it?

yada yada..

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Most competent yards would do this but it will be expensive, maybe £2 - 4k, depending on the area. Moody's in Swanwick do a cork based alternative which may be a bit cheaper and there are a couple of manufacturers who supply a plastic teak look alike product - I think one is called TekDek or similar - they were at last year's Southampton Show

G

I seem to remember some threads last year that were advising caution if the boat was to be used in Med/sunny climes as the teak can get uncomfortably hot on bare feet, for example.

Robbie W

kghowe

Visit site
Dek Tek have already been mentioned there prices run at something like £60-70 per mtr sq for plastic teak strip. They do all special shapes radii, bends, large flat panels etc. Have a pretty useful web site, search an engine with Dek Tek. Can prefab for self application or I think they will fit if required.

Regards
Kevin

dave36

Visit site
the firm in Bristol is Robbins Timber www.robbins.co.uk I can give you directions if you want, nothing is a mystery to them, if it's marine they got it and they will tell you how to use it!
I have looked at many sources for deck timber I got the following quote in answer to my own enquiry: "42m 75 x 9mm par sapele £143.64 + vat" that was from: sales@timbersupplies.co.uk
the tek deck referred to is available from http://www.tek-dek.co.uk/ I like the look of this but could not afford it!

trev

Visit site
I have just been quoted 8 grand to do the cockpit and bathing platform on a Sealine 365 - so that job was put on the back burner !
Now looking for cheaper (synthetic) alternative.
Will approach this Tek Dek Outfit - thanks for the info

Trev

G

TekDekked mine last year. In Christchurch, if anyone want's a look...